quick comments on.....

Mid Range

Groomer went ''lightweight’’ Saturday jan 10 to pack the snow from Le Domaine til the trail going to Val d’Or.Tuesday(jan 13) groomer is leaving Le Domaine to groom the same trail.Lots of snow in that area that’s why they sent a light groomer to pack the snow.

Regarding gas availability.Gas is available at restaurant Classic in Lytton and Le domaine.After that there’s a 200 kms stretch til next pit stop which is Barrage Bourque (Bourque’s Dam) at Kitsisakik Indian reservation.Otherwise you must go to Joncas to fill up at $1.72/l (apparently).

We rode Maniwaki-Le Domaine Saturday and From Grand-Remous til Le Domaine,trail was like a hardwood floor.

From Restaurant Classic in Lytton TQ 63 is just across the highway 117.You have +- 10 miles til you get to a sandy road which is Clova road or Lépine road.From there, keeping your left hand side will lead you toward Le Domaine and on your right hand side you are heading toward Clova.

Maniwaki-Lytton is +- 40 miles (13 north-regional 322)

Lytton-Le Domaine is +- 46 miles

Le Domaine-Joncas is +- 85 miles (if I recall correctly)

Groomer went ''lightweight’’ Saturday jan 10 to pack the snow from Le Domaine til the trail going to Val d’Or.Tuesday(jan 13) groomer is leaving Le Domaine to groom the same trail.Lots of snow in that area that’s why they sent a light groomer to pack the snow.

Regarding gas availability.Gas is available at restaurant Classic in Lytton and Le domaine.After that there’s a 200 kms stretch til next pit stop which is Barrage Bourque (Bourque’s Dam) at Kitsisakik Indian reservation.Otherwise you must go to Joncas to fill up at $1.72/l (apparently).

We rode Maniwaki-Le Domaine Saturday and From Grand-Remous til Le Domaine,trail was like a hardwood floor.

From Restaurant Classic in Lytton TQ 63 is just across the highway 117.You have +- 10 miles til you get to a sandy road which is Clova road or Lépine road.From there, keeping your left hand side will lead you toward Le Domaine and on your right hand side you are heading toward Clova.

Maniwaki-Lytton is +- 40 miles (13 north-regional 322)

Lytton-Le Domaine is +- 46 miles

Le Domaine-Joncas is +- 85 miles (if I recall correctly)

[/quote

Midrange,

Do you know which is the nicer route from Joncas to Val Dor, through the reserve or the long way up 309. Thanks

Trail between Domaine-Joncas is not open yet.I spoke with one of our vice-president and They went last week packing the snow until byrd Lake but the groomer had to stop because of the amount of snow (4 feet) so he couldn't go further.Val d'Or owns a BR and they are supposed to groom until Le Domaine this week.Apparently a BR is more able to groom in deep snow.

Mid Range

I saw on FMCQ that this is closed. Is this on 63? We were planning to ride there next week.

Also do you know if 83 is open in area of forest fire last year?

Thanks

Ray182 and I went through from leDomaine to Joncas last Sunday and it was not open. About 50 miles was a very narrow goat path. Then a very important turn was not marked. We were just turning around to scratch and return to leDomaine when we met someone who showed us the proper turn. We then went on to Joncas, had a great lunch, and continued on.

mike