Saguenay Bill??????????

mxz7000

Bill - I am headed up tonight and leaving from the de-Mekinac area riding up 355 to Roberval. I am looking for the best route to take from Roberval over towards 93 headed to Sacre Coeur area? Roughly how many miles will this be? It has been my dream for many years to ride 93 through the Mt. Valins. I have been as far as the ski area and played in the Valins just have never made it all the way on 93. Thanks for the advice. Oh we are staying at Chatue Roberval.

Thanks,

Bob

I know your asking Bill direct, but, I know when we do this loop, we just go up around the west side of the lake and just continue around the north side. We stay at the Universal in Alma after leaving Roberval, then continue on up and over Mts. Valin, staying near the ferry the next night. Staying on 93 the whole time. The ride is fantastic. From the ferry, you can head south then pick up any route back to your truck. I'm not sure the total miles, I don't look until the end of my trip.

Greasemonkey has it very close. I would take 373 and go up to Girardville and back to 93 otherwise you will be in Alma very early in the day. Also don't be afraid to get on the Green and local Oradnge trails, they usually the best trails. Hotel Universal is not the easiest place to get to. Ask locals they can help you and will be glad to do so. Greasemonkey must attend the late show at the "ballet", joke Greasemonkey, don't take me seriously.

Bill

Greasemonkey has it very close. I would take 373 and go up to Girardville and back to 93 otherwise you will be in Alma very early in the day. Also don't be afraid to get on the Green and local Oradnge trails, they usually the best trails. Hotel Universal is not the easiest place to get to. Ask locals they can help you and will be glad to do so. Greasemonkey must attend the late show at the "ballet", joke Greasemonkey, don't take me seriously.

Bill

You are correct, Bill, about finding that place. The very first time we tried, I think it was about 2 hrs. after we got to the overpass at the river before we found it! Second time,

somehow, we lost 2 people, another xtra hour. We did explain to them that they need a couple of signs along the way, maybe they've done that, haven't been that way in 2 years. Actually, I think we do make that detour. I didn't have my map in front of me, but, that trail and area sounds familiar. As for the ballet, well, I guess the cats out of the bag!

You are correct, Bill, about finding that place. The very first time we tried, I think it was about 2 hrs. after we got to the overpass at the river before we found it! Second time,

somehow, we lost 2 people, another xtra hour. We did explain to them that they need a couple of signs along the way, maybe they've done that, haven't been that way in 2 years. Actually, I think we do make that detour. I didn't have my map in front of me, but, that trail and area sounds familiar. As for the ballet, well, I guess the cats out of the bag!

One must take in the local "culture".

Bill

We use to take the same basic route around the lake except staying in Dolbeau and eventually heading through local trails to Saint Ludger de Milot and continue on those trails to Mount Valins. Those trails provide some awesome country side riding and are usually groomed to perfection.

We use to take the same basic route around the lake except staying in Dolbeau and eventually heading through local trails to Saint Ludger de Milot and continue on those trails to Mount Valins. Those trails provide some awesome country side riding and are usually groomed to perfection.

The local trail thru Milot has 6 miles of plowed raod and it was not groomed for the last 10 miles. That was last Friday. I usually riode that trail once per week but this year I'm going to scope it out before I commit myself to going on that trail.

Thanks for all the reply's guys. We had an awsome trip. We managed to put on 836 miles in 3 1/4 days.

Day 1 - (347-360-355-73-83) Left St. Roch de Mekinac around 8:30am and trials this morning were perfect. First set of track on the pipeline (355). Gassed up in La Tuque and headed out 73 to Relias 22. This trail needed help, but 83 towards Roberval once again was awsome. 235 miles for the day.

Day 2 - (Lake-83-383-23-93) Woke up to -23° brrrrrrrrr. We took the short cut across the lake to Chambord and picked up 83. Headed through Alma and picked up 93 to the ski center in the Valins for lunch. Stopped at La Chapel(sp) for gas then continued to Sacre'-Couer. I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book on 93. It was snowing hard and all the trees were totally covered. 209 miles on the day.

Day 3 - (3-local 94- local 54-378-local 64, back to 3) Woke up to snow but shortly turned to a sunny day. We were trying to get to St. Raymond this day, but because we need to find an Artic cat and Doo dealer we just ran out of time so we stayed at the Quebec Inn. Trails were awsome to start the day, but slowly got worse. Not sure if the groomer was broke down, but we rode 20 miles of hell after lunch. The the power lines were not groomed and lots of wind blown coverage, but still had a blast. 257 miles for the day

Day 4 - (3-73/23-73-353-318-351-360-347) What and awsome day this was. Every trail we hit put a huge smile on my face. I like to call it PERMA GRIN. We were back at the truck @ 12:30 had lunch loaded up and headed home by 2. 136 miles for this short day.

93 in the Mount Valins.

Crossing the ferry.

Somewhere on TQ3

Somewhere on 318