Robert Lyyons??

Frenchyetech

Ce est le administrateur de la website de quebec rider?? . Est arrive in Lac St Jean de Janvier problem de la new etec?? Is le problem corrected or no. Merci et bye bye!

Frenchyetech

kris_emerson@comcast.net 11 Main St Hampstead NH 03841 (603) 329-4100 (603) 329-8198

Frenchyetech registered today and has the same IP address as NH Vector, 75.147.45.89

NH Vector is Kris

Kris, I don't know what your problem is, but if you have something to say to me, please say it directly. Don't try to hide behind a fake name and phony French.

Edited by smclelan

Ce est le administrateur de la website de quebec rider?? . Est arrive in Lac St Jean de Janvier problem de la new etec?? Is le problem corrected or no. Merci et bye bye!

Frenchyetech

I haven't read frenglish like that in a long time. I read both fluently and still had to have a couple looks before I knew what the heck you are talking about.

Le probleme is BRP. Stands for Bring Rings and Pistons, Ski don't, Ski Boom, and Ski Junk. If they can't improve reliability, they will loose market share in a hurry. The best chassis in the world is still worthless without a reliable motor. Everytime I see a Yamahog in Quebec, I think to myself, there's another former ski doo owner that was let down by Ski Junk. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Doo man, but after last season's blow up, and this season's never ending antifreeze ordeal, I am thinking of joining the Yamaha way of life, might be heavy, but most likely will get you home. Everytime I go to the dealership I hear more and more horror stories. Not to mention they will try to get out of any warranty liability for any reason under the sun. I have had three brand new Ski doo's, and I think the 2001 583 was the most dependable. The newer they are the less reliable they are. When I saw the post about the guy who went with his wife for a 2000 mile ride around Quebec with one sled, I though to myself... you are insane. Then I realized he had a ZX chassis Doo. I doubt if a rev or an XP would have made it. Even my buddy who works at the Ski doo dealer opted out of an E-tec that was at less than cost, after the prior dealer paid flooring, he still went out and bought a Yami, makes you think about it.

I haven't read frenglish like that in a long time. I read both fluently and still had to have a couple looks before I knew what the heck you are talking about.

Le probleme is BRP. Stands for Bring Rings and Pistons, Ski don't, Ski Boom, and Ski Junk. If they can't improve reliability, they will loose market share in a hurry. The best chassis in the world is still worthless without a reliable motor. Everytime I see a Yamahog in Quebec, I think to myself, there's another former ski doo owner that was let down by Ski Junk. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Doo man, but after last season's blow up, and this season's never ending antifreeze ordeal, I am thinking of joining the Yamaha way of life, might be heavy, but most likely will get you home. Everytime I go to the dealership I hear more and more horror stories. Not to mention they will try to get out of any warranty liability for any reason under the sun. I have had three brand new Ski doo's, and I think the 2001 583 was the most dependable. The newer they are the less reliable they are. When I saw the post about the guy who went with his wife for a 2000 mile ride around Quebec with one sled, I though to myself... you are insane. Then I realized he had a ZX chassis Doo. I doubt if a rev or an XP would have made it. Even my buddy who works at the Ski doo dealer opted out of an E-tec that was at less than cost, after the prior dealer paid flooring, he still went out and bought a Yami, makes you think about it.

For what it is worth, I think you are just giving him what he was looking for. Remember, NH Vector is a Yamaha rider also. Brand bashing is all fine and dandy, and I've done my share of it over the years also. But I don't think this site is the proper place for it. And I certainly feel that if you are going to bash, you shouldn't feel the need to hide your identity. This was a pretty poor effort.

For what it is worth, I think you are just giving him what he was looking for. Remember, NH Vector is a Yamaha rider also. Brand bashing is all fine and dandy, and I've done my share of it over the years also. But I don't think this site is the proper place for it. And I certainly feel that if you are going to bash, you shouldn't feel the need to hide your identity. This was a pretty poor effort.

I for one sure hope the brand bashing doesn't make it's way into this forum, that's what keeps this forum a very informative one. A little ribbing is OK but the bashing is not needed. We all know that each of us ride the best so why bother? Remember one thing.... They ALL break, that i can guarantee.

I for one sure hope the brand bashing doesn't make it's way into this forum, that's what keeps this forum a very informative one. A little ribbing is OK but the bashing is not needed. We all know that each of us ride the best so why bother? Remember one thing.... They ALL break, that i can guarantee.

I agree with Gizz,and think they all have their pros and cons and there are not enough of us sledders to fight with each other.I am interested though Rob on what the outcome was with your sled and how you made out?I do have freinds who ride Doo's and it would be nice to know the goods and bads,but if it's none of my business don't feel obligated to respond. :pardon:

I agree with Gizz,and think they all have their pros and cons and there are not enough of us sledders to fight with each other.I am interested though Rob on what the outcome was with your sled and how you made out?I do have freinds who ride Doo's and it would be nice to know the goods and bads,but if it's none of my business don't feel obligated to respond. :pardon:

The problem I had in January was caused by bad gas purchased at Saint-Ludger de Milot. The fuel filter and pump were totally clogged with grit.. This on a brand new sled with just a few hundred miles on it. I suspect the station had just switched over to ethanol blended fuel and was having an issue with grit and sediments. I have just recently learned how extensive this problem is, both here in the states and also in Canada. Since this happened I have been much more careful about where I buy my gas, trying to use only high-volume stations. In addition I have been using regular instead of premium, as I believe premium ends up sitting in the station's tank much longer because it sells slower.

The problem I had in January was caused by bad gas purchased at Saint-Ludger de Milot. The fuel filter and pump were totally clogged with grit.. This on a brand new sled with just a few hundred miles on it. I suspect the station had just switched over to ethanol blended fuel and was having an issue with grit and sediments. I have just recently learned how extensive this problem is, both here in the states and also in Canada. Since this happened I have been much more careful about where I buy my gas, trying to use only high-volume stations. In addition I have been using regular instead of premium, as I believe premium ends up sitting in the station's tank much longer because it sells slower.

Rob, you bring up a very good point on the regular vs premium. My Polaris 4 stroke turbo wants the highest octane i can give it due to the turbo but i'm wondering if i'm really getting that when i get premium. They say the gas begins to go bad as soon as it gets put into the tanks and i'm sure with gas prices being high that the "super" may be more "sour" than we want to think.

BTW, did you happen to read the initial description of that 2010 GSX SE with 4-tec and 137" track? If this was last year i would likely be considering that sled for my solo touring sled. The 2 things that held me back from that last year were the first year for the 4-tek and the shorter track. Now in it's second year of production and the longer track i'm betting you'll see a ton of those sleds in quebec next year.

Good riding!