Joliette/St-Zénon photo ride report 15march2015

towing

We were busy yesterday Saturday so it was now Sunday for Krikri and I our chance to get out. The falling snow did not stop us from riding but we made a much smaller ride than usual by going to St-Zénon round trip for lunch. Here our final trail path.

carte_zpspe3enedl.jpg

It was still snowing when we leave home around 8:30 but it was especially the wind which reduced visibility.

DSC07144_zpsjewegf9y.jpg

Poor visibility and big snow blades are not ideal when riding two up, fortunately in the woods it was much easier

DSC07147_zps9znt5oqs.jpg

It's about 5-6 "of wet snow we had in the south and we quickly realized that we would have a Snowmen look fairly quickly

DSC07149_zpspwrdtoxw.jpg

In St-Gabriel de Brandon

DSC07156_zps9df5xkxl.jpg

Visibility was already better when we rode towards St-Damien de Brandon

DSC07159_zpsz1jhnova.jpg

There was more sled tracks on the trail, the snow was still very wet in this sector

DSC07161_zpsfsltpvfq.jpg

As always with wet snow the scenery got completely whiten…

DSC07164_zpso1fnj1vl.jpg

beautiful

DSC07165_zpssqnu0dzr.jpg

Approaching St-Zenon snow was less wet and they had a little more new stuff around 8-9 "to the ground from what I've seen

DSC07168_zpskbbbgsbt.jpg

We went to La Glacière and took the lunch there

DSC07175_zpsjp6tgtf0.jpg

DSC07177_zpstthhh9zc.jpg

The snow had completely stopped when we begin to retrace our steps and the sky had begun to clear up enough to see the sun a bit

DSC07182_zpsmehhdmkn.jpg

With the snow over the trail being packed it was really more easy to ride with much ski grip

DSC07189_zpsbcklsnlo.jpgDSC07188_zpsn9jfdbex.jpg

Here in a faster section of the #23

DSC07190_zpskfoul1po.jpg

Here down the big hill in St-Damien de Brandon

DSC07193_zpsrqtk9afz.jpg
DSC07194_zps1w5botvp.jpg

South of Brandon St-Gabriel we rode the #63 and wanted to join the #3 in Berthierville but the snowmobile club had already removed all the tags and signs on that side so we switched on the local trail that goes toward St-Norbert to join the club of Joliette and take the morning path to return home. We were back home around 3:00 p.m. with a small 140miles on the dreammeter

The snow had whiten all trails but the major damage from the warm days last week in the south of our area were pretty obvious and starting our ride from home will be over for us this season.

What’s next…it’s really mother nature and the snowmobile clubs that will settle what will be possible next. Wheather forecast seems good for the next week so I expect to ride the north of our area next weekend. For more details, here the trails conditions web site for our area

Snowmobile trails conditions Lanaudière Mauricie - Snowmobile Country in Quebec (Maps, Trails and Snow conditions) - Tourisme Lanaudière

84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture8517

Alain

Nice pics Alain, you guys are real troopers.

That St.Norbert trail is reeeeeeal nice.

Will the clubs up north still be grooming this week given the new snow that has just fallen?

Edited by Trailblazer

Thanks JG!

As for grooming, I have not speak with snowmobile clubs but from what I have seen there's plenty snow to keep the north running for another weekend or more for sure unless catastrophic warm temps. You know that money is also in the equation and mother nature sometimes keep some surprises ahead so we will know it for sure in the next few days how it turn out...

Alain

Great report , Thanks !

My pleasure dooright!

Looks great, thanks for the report. headed to St Zenon Tuesday morning for 3 days of riding.

Mark

There is some snow on the way for tomorroy and some decent cold on the forecast, look good for you snowdogs!!!

Have fun and take care!

I seen today that Joliette and St-Félix not far from home had been groomed overnight... season's keep going!

Alain