Very Interesting !

crazysnow

Nice sled, saw it at the Sneak Peak, windshield give good coverage and the rear compartment with the addition gas container has plenty of room for some clothing just don't spill any gas.

My favorite...X-TX 141 with a 1.6 lug on the track, got friends here with the 137 and the 141 and both sleds handle like a dream regardless of the track length.

Turbo........hmmmmm big problem with Yamaha right now, not many dealers are certified to install them so they refuse the sale. Yamaha turbo is an MPI Turbo selling here in Canada for $3000.00 from Yamaha but the issue is the installation if you can find a dealer willing, it is a 15 hour job, one of my riding partners walked out with a $5600.00 bill for his installation but that's not all it doesn't include clutching or mapping, power commander is not included as well, you need this to adjust for atmospheric pressure for the turbo or you burn valves, we'll talk about that at a later time.

I know of another place selling and installing turbos with the clutching and mapping for a lot less if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Its a beautiful sled for sure.

The only caution I would throw out there is that the very long track, the weight, and the likely low gear ratio will probably bring gas mileage down to about 11 or 12 mpg (US Gallon). Maybe 160-180 mile range, which is pretty good, but will cost a lot to fill both tanks. Now take the weight of the rear gas tank and throw on a travel bag on the rear, will the sled handle? or will the skis be too light with all that weight on the rear. Just thinking out loud, I could be wrong.

mike

It is available with a turbo from the factory/dealer, full warranty, 180hp, 2500 option.

I really like it.

GutZ

Nice sled but let's face the facts that this is just an A/C Pantera with Yammi badging and the 1049 motor.

It's $2500 for the kit; installation is additional: warranty may not cover failures related to adding the turbo as clearly stated in the Yamaha '2016 Spring PowerSurge Event' advertising:

†While installation of MPI Turbo Kit will not ‘void’ your snowmobile’s warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modification may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage. Dealer installation costs not included

The 4.5g tank will add about 35lbs of fuel weight. 146" is allot of track if you are riding solo on groomed trails! Also don't forget that deep lugged tracks will decrease hyfax life and experience shorter track life when traveling hard packed trails. Scratchers might help with lubing the hyfax but the track will still take it hard since the weight is concentrated on the lugs instead of the track surface.

I'm a Yammi guy for sure but they need to get on it with a new chassis for the Apex/Vector plus a motor + chassis aimed at the ACE900 or they risk losing the 4stroke market they built (and dominated) until recently. (I see SkiDoo coming)

Just my opinion -

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

The Enduro 1200, very nice, Air Ride Rear, Cool Carbide DooHickey, Ice Ripper Track, New Smaller Plastics, ITC and Mode Selector, New Throatier Exhaust.

The Biege Color Aint Great, But easy to paint over. Also Available in All Black.

The Yamaha Guy at the Quebec City Sneak Peak did not mention any of the caveats, Dealer install and Go. I guess if you bought and installed the kit, Yamaha could deny the claim, but if done by a Dealer?

I like the Enduro 1200, and it fits the Pocket Book better......

I love the 1200 engine, and this season im getting 17mpg on a renegade, Im matching NoHairs etec 600 liter for liter.

Later

GutZ

I have a 1200 Renegade with 19,000 miles on it and am very satisfied. However the 146" track would produce an awesome ride when putting on big miles plus good floatation in powder. The Yamaha has a nice big touring windshield for those -35° days, however as Mike said the gas tank and storage being in the same compartment is concerning.

I can see the longer track fighting a push in the corners..,

The 137 is fine on hard pack, loose snow we are all pushing a bit.

Acceptable issue with all the tremendous benefits the sled offers.

Viper has exceeded my expectations to say the least.

Another 2015 2 stroke taking the black trail from Matane to Levis today..

Polaris 600 pro r with less than 2000 miles.

I'm Sold on the 1200 just makes sense coming off a 2013 800 Renegade easy switch with all my accessories

Hi John, so you gonna get another Renegade?

Think I may take a ride up to Rusty and see if I can strike a deal !!!

I ordered mine with the Ice Ripper XT track also.

Hey Doo, did you get the X or XRS with that track?

Dealers are saying that we cannot get the track option with the other models. (Adreneline, TNT).

Some will swap it at dealer with the $250.00 rebate (3 year warranty only) plus $300.00!

Hi Mario ,

yeah think so .. best price I got was at Horn's outdoor @ 11,899 with the Ice Ripper and 4 year W ... I'm not a fan of Rusty's

OK i will check them out, what model are you getting?....Adreneline, X, Enduro?