refuge castor !!

groomer

Man does that place look diff in the off season

never been there ,but i ride enough in the woods i can tell you summer/winter scenery of the same places ,roads and trails is completly different.

groomer !!!

What about night riding???? Completely different!! I sometimes feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere....and I ride in Upstate NY!!

By the way Groomer, excellent pics on your other thread as usual!!!!

What about night riding???? Completely different!! I sometimes feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere....and I ride in Upstate NY!!

By the way Groomer, excellent pics on your other thread as usual!!!!

right !! night riding ,completly another world !! when i was working for challenge kanada ,one night we left chibougamau at 9 pm and arrived in st thomas dydime (north west lsj )at 5 30 am ­.crazy ride ,specially when you don t know at all the area .170 miles off the trail.

thanks for the comment !!

groomer !!!

right !! night riding ,completly another world !! when i was working for challenge kanada ,one night we left chibougamau at 9 pm and arrived in st thomas dydime (north west lsj )at 5 30 am ­.crazy ride ,specially when you don t know at all the area .170 miles off the trail.

thanks for the comment !!

groomer !!!

9pm out of Chib......................must been a HOT DATE. :yahoo:

9pm out of Chib......................must been a HOT DATE. :yahoo:

not exactly sure about ''hot date '' but i have a good idea !!! ha ! ha !!

well we had no choice to go ,when we started in rouyn noranda ,we had 2-3 days advance on the racers .once in senneterre my friend broke a bearing on the shaft (sprocket ) we were somewhere around waswanippi ,went back to senneterre ,lost one day there .

at night i went alone just do a trace for the racers.once in chibougamau ,woke up at 6 am ,started back around 7 am.while on lake chibougamau ,i blew a bearing on my sled (crankshaft ).waited a bit to cool down the sled ,we were about 25 miles south of chibougamau .went back to ''camp a jos ''.called the doo dealer to lease a sled .started back around 4 pm to go to lsj.in the meanwhile we had met the guy who had guided us a few weeks before .we asked him to come with us because it was at night .he was nt too happy .he wanted to see the racers.at that time racers were on their way up to chibougamau .

so we had no more advance on them .we had no choice to go .i started the leased sled ,geeeezzzzzzz ,one coil was misfiring .so i told my friends,no way im going to go to lsj with that sled .

we went to the clubhouse outside chibougamau and waited for the organisation to bring me a sled .i had to pull a a sleight with 6 cans of gas (5 gallons ). it was heavy a lot for the sled i had.

so we left the clubhouse at 9 pm ,my friend ,the guide and i .once on the other side of lake chibougamau (south ) we got lost .so the guide was nt too happy .he began to bs me ,he said i was too slow .my a$$.

i told him don t worry about me and take of my friend .my friend was the worse guy i ever ride in deeeeeeep snow with .there s wowen here who are a lot better than him.always stuck.

so the guide said ,will do 40 -50 miles and put gas in the sleds ,so the sleight will be lighter .that guy tought he was a better rider than me and my friend because the year before he had done challenge kanada .his head was swelling really fast.

so , we did the 40-50 miles and put gas in the sled .he made a big mistake !!! ha !! ha !! probably some won t like my comments , but i used to have the '' road rage '' .don t forget we were riding since 25-30 days in a row ,so with all the fatigue i did nt have too much patience .

i told myself ,i m going to show you how we '' drive '' in the gaspesie .i did nt like his comment because he said i was too slow .i pushed that guy for about 60 miles.when i push ,im very,very close .later in the night ,we went across a lake .my friend went first ,then me with the sleight .took time to tell the guide ,give time to take advance on you on the lake because there was slush.i was about half a mile on the lake ,geeez he was already behind me .began to yell at me again .

put both of my feet on the same peg and showed him with my finger that i was wide open .just looking at his eyes ,i knew he was mad at me.so ,later when we stopped to put gas again ,since then ,he s been very polite with me .ha !! ha !!ha !!

arrived in st thomas dydime at 5 30 am ,slept for a few hrs ,then down to st felicien ,then up 60 miles north of dolbeau (relais les loutres ) .then back down to mistassini around mid-night and arrived at the hotel/motel ''grand jardins '' i think in st felicien around 4 am .

sorry for the long post ,this is very good memories for me !!crazy adventure for 35 days in a row .37 the year before .at least the guide had a very nice looking girlfriend !! :D

groomer !!! :drinks: