Ride In at the HI, Saguenay City

Saguenay Bill

Hi All

Planning a "Ride In" at the HI from Jan 20-Jan 30. Plan to come up and spend some time riding on the best trails that Quebec has to offer. Those of you who usually are just passing thru ought to plan to spend a couple of days seeing what this region has to offer. If I get enough interest I will plan day trips. If we get too many, we'll break off into several groups. I know a lot of you usually stop for one night and then it's off to another location. I would really like to show you what a great region the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean is and what it has to offer. If some of you would like to see a certain thing or ride a certain area let me know.

Thanks

Bill

Bill, I dont know if it will be on those dates but I will be there for a few days for sure this winter!! It was nice talking to you at the show in West Springfield last sunday. Next time it will be over a cold Molson at the HI. By the way how did you end up next to the booth with the best looking girl at the show? (Gaspe booth) :drinks:

I like it. Should be able to ride up to the HI and meet you Bill and explore the area some more.

See you at the HI

Don

ps

I know you stay in Jonquiere most of the season Bill

What week do you head up?

Maybe before the ride in I can look for you

I am sure I will be up there before the jan 20

Edited by iceman

Bill, I dont know if it will be on those dates but I will be there for a few days for sure this winter!! It was nice talking to you at the show in West Springfield last sunday. Next time it will be over a cold Molson at the HI. By the way how did you end up next to the booth with the best looking girl at the show? (Gaspe booth) :drinks:

You mean that tall blonde? Dumb luck but it helps when you are an old man.

I like it. Should be able to ride up to the HI and meet you Bill and explore the area some more.

See you at the HI

Don

ps

I know you stay in Jonquiere most of the season Bill

What week do you head up?

Maybe before the ride in I can look for you

I am sure I will be up there before the jan 20

Don

As of now I plan on coming up around the 10th of Jan. I'm at the hotel every morning and evening. Train leaves at 7:45AM and I'm usually in around 5PM. Then I'm in the lobby til around 7PM.

Bill

Hey Bill, I meet you last Feb at the Hotle in Jonquiere and again at the Springfield show. Thanks for all the Great info both times. We will be basing from Jonquiere again this year and I hope to buy you dinner one night. :drinks:

PS. The Blonde was nice :good: :D

Hi Bill

Glad to hear you are coming up again.

Yeh, that blonde was cutey. PS she has 3 little ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys

Don't forget the "RIDE IN" dates, Jan 20-30th. Hope to see you there.

Bill

Won't be able to make it ....... damn!

We'll be up the end of Feb...hope they have the trails fixed up by then!

Post pictures of the "ride in".

Bill, were going to try to get up for the Ride In, Roger aka the mayor of Tug Hill and myself, if we don't make the ride in we'll see you in Feb. Bruce

Bruce

I'll believe it when I see it. I can't believe you are getting Roger off Tug Hill to experience some real riding. Sure hope you make it. I haven't seen Roger in 10 years. You've made my day.

Bill

Bill,

Hope you and the Mrs are doing well.

Jim, Eugene and I are heading up for trip #1 this coming Sunday, heading back to NY on Friday. Any reliable sources for trail conditions? It's looking way too warm up there.

Craig

Hi Craig

I'll see you Sunday evening. I'll check with my contact today on conditions but the last he told me it was good. 383, the gas pipeline going west, was to be opened this weekend. I just looked at this coming week's weather and it doesn't look to warm to me. I remember last year when you guys came up in Jan and we had those brutal cold days. I guess when you look at those days compared to this forecast, yeh, it's warm. Glad you guys are coming up. Looking forward to seeing you.

Bill

Saguenay Update

Quote:

Getting better and better. Colder weather is setting in, (-15) this weekend. Water in trails is retreaving. Saguenay Trails will be 97% open this weekend. Opening the 383 Pipe Line this weekend. Getting to Mont Valin is pretty good. Not able to get around Lac St Jean yet. Considering warm weather riding is not bad. A few soft spots for the groomers. Colder weather is welcome. End Quote.

I will start posting trail reports starting Monday.

Bill