Quebec Trails for Garmin

iceman

wondering where to get the best most recent trail map of Quebec??

want to overlay the topo canada with it

Seen a few are they all the same? Around $99 bucks i think

Who is using what?

I know there is a free map, but is the other more detailed it must be I would think

Looking to use it on a garmin oregon 300

thanks for any info

don

wondering where to get the best most recent trail map of Quebec??

want to overlay the topo canada with it

Seen a few are they all the same? Around $99 bucks i think

Who is using what?

I know there is a free map, but is the other more detailed it must be I would think

Looking to use it on a garmin oregon 300

thanks for any info

don

Don't know the last time the free Maps were updated but I'll put it this way. I had the GPSQUEBEC paid version and my buddy had RWS's free Sentier maps plus City Navigator NT loaded on his. If I had to do

it over that is the way I would go - free trails plus POI database. One major benefit of the paid version is it us routable and you can plan trips on your PC or Mac with quite accurate milaege info. I still use my old paid version to do that.

my buddy had RWS's free Sentier maps plus City Navigator NT loaded on his

Jack,

I like the combo idea, I use the RWS 2008 map on top of the built in Topo in a Colorado 400T.

What reasons do you prefer/pick City Nav over Topo? Is it just for turn by turn routable directions when you use it in the car?

Or do you think the POI data is better for snowmobiling than the Topo database? (i.e. food, gas, lodging, etc).

My thinking is Topo has better detailed geo features (lakes, rivers, etc) than the Automobile maps. Nice to see when you're riding on water, and sometimes need off trail reroutes, etc.

My unit is used 90% of the time for sleddin in Quebec, 10% for car travel with CityNav loaded from a CD.

Jack,

I like the combo idea, I use the RWS 2008 map on top of the built in Topo in a Colorado 400T.

What reasons do you prefer/pick City Nav over Topo? Is it just for turn by turn routable directions when you use it in the car?

Or do you think the POI data is better for snowmobiling than the Topo database? (i.e. food, gas, lodging, etc).

My thinking is Topo has better detailed geo features (lakes, rivers, etc) than the Automobile maps. Nice to see when you're riding on water, and sometimes need off trail reroutes, etc.

My unit is used 90% of the time for sleddin in Quebec, 10% for car travel with CityNav loaded from a CD.

I am sure yours is a good combo. My comparison comes from the fact that when we were low on gaz and eventually one sled ran out we found the closest gas using my buddies receiver that had City Nav NT while my paid version of Sentier maps from GPS QC didn't show that gas. I guess not being constrained to snowmobile only services offers more options.

Oh I should add that my Garmin GPS 60CS is used only ATVing and snowmobiling since I have an iPhone and a Tom Tom I got free with a new set of tires.

Edited by actionjack

Don, I use the RWS map as the overlay and have purchased the topo's. I run the topo underneath. I also have the city navigator maps on it, but keep it turned off while riding. If I don't have a reference for gas or food, I can turn on the nav map and all that info comes up. The unit is the Nuvi 550 and has worked great for me so far. I use it in the vehicle as well as off road.

Longriderss (Bob)

Edited by longriderss

Don, I use the RWS map as the overlay and have purchased the topo's. I run the topo underneath. I also have the city navigator maps on it, but keep it turned off while riding. If I don't have a reference for gas or food, I can turn on the nav map and all that info comes up. The unit is the Nuvi 550 and has worked great for me so far. I use it in the vehicle as well as off road.

Longriderss (Bob)

thanks for the info Bob

see you for the Thanksgiving ride (snow gods willing of course)

Don

Edited by iceman