Update on Gaspe Conditions

Andyman

Hi All

Just a quick update on the conditions smclelan is finding on the Gaspe. They rode from Point a al Croix on Sunday the 27th to Groomers club then on to saint Anne des Monts and stayed overnight. 300 km for the day on mostly good trails.

Yesterday Monday 28th they rode TQ5 to the north end of the 597. TQ 5 was groomed and excellent. Heading south on 597 it was panned but not groomed the entire way to the south end where it meets TQ5 again. The trail from Murdochville to La Cache is not broke yet. When they attempted to head west on TQ5 to Chandler they found the trail closed due to a bridge out and there is basically no snow cover as well. Plan B go to Grand Riviere as they needed fuel and a room. They got fuel at the Irving in Grand Riviere and had very poor conditions to get to a hotel a mile away. 328 km for the day.

They are heading back up the 597 today and then west. I expect they will have some fun today as there are a couple of weather warnings out for that area!

I will update again if I hear from smclelan tonight.

Andy

Just got an update from Steven.

''Trails on the south shore are non existent, no snow. We drove 8km of snirt from the Motel to the 597. The 597 snow covered all the way but had been panned only. Very ridable for early conditions 6 out 10.

TQ5 @ 597 to St Paulin lots of snow, been groomed 7 out of 10 still early conditions. Snowing hard right now, Looking good. Fresh snow today ranged from a dusting to 4" Tomorrow with the snow now will be good.''

I just spoke to Steven on the phone. They left Relais Chic Choc this morning and broke trail in 8-10 inches of fresh powder until Matane. Took 591 to join TQ5 breaking trail until the 5. TQ5 was freshly groomed all the way to Point a al Croix. Table top conditions. So all we need is for the south shore to get snow and repair the bridge east of Chandler and a good portion of the Gaspe is good to go.

Andy