Trail conditions in Shawinigan

nowa

No problems is a little rough in spots but the farther north the better it gets

as for the weather your guess is as good as theirs

right now says mostly snow for monday and then some rain but I know they have no Idea has changed 3 times in 4 days

tell you wednsday

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Snowing right now and for thurs

Rain friday 20 mm

Friday will be messy.

I think the trails will survive it will be colder after friday.

Leaving here sunday for a week ride have not decided where yet

Edited by iceman

• 10 months later...

Rode to Shawinigan from 73 on Saturday 1/14 via 23,351. I can report that its all good to great. 23 runs a lot of plowed roads b4 St.tite. Id stay away from that route late season unless you have a wheel kit. River is fine and fairly smooth. Trails around that area are still as good as ever. Like the bonneville salt flats. Super fast. With the cold temps and more snow tomorrow this area will be even better.

Couldnt resist stopping by Rogers on trail 3. Its real weird, I gather its a chinese resteraunt, but it wasnt open. Fridays snow had no foot prints to the door. ICEMAN-do you know why they stopped the old winning format? I would think that place was a gold mine by the crowds years past. And since its gone , is there someplace else that took its place for sledders in the area?

There is a big relais in st severin i believe that gets alot of folks not that far from Rogers. Roger's Cabin was sold to new owners. And i guess they wanted to do Chinese. I hear ya that was a great stop.

Like the bonneville salt flats. Super fast.

So true :drinks:

Couldnt resist stopping by Rogers on trail 3. Its real weird, I gather its a chinese resteraunt, but it wasnt open. Fridays snow had no foot prints to the door. ICEMAN-do you know why they stopped the old winning format? I would think that place was a gold mine by the crowds years past. And since its gone , is there someplace else that took its place for sledders in the area?

Tha suck's, That was a great stop :angry:

Is it possible to ride from motel safari up the river to Richards then 355 thru lac edouard to 83? Thinking of heading there this Sunday!!

Ending up at the old HI. Wanna stay there a few nights then head back south down 23 thru l'etape and back to shawinigan

Edited by nowa

• 4 weeks later...