Can we ride now ? Any snow left ? Lookin for feedback !

Scarlett

Like many others we are hoping to ride in your beautiful province ( starting in St Ramond and heading to My Valin on trail 23 .) starting Saturday . Are we best to postpone our trip ? Will 23 be OK to ride north as I hear My Valin is great once there .

Any feedback would be very much appreciated

It doesn't look good. I would postpone. I did for this week and am just starting to get over it!!! But I looked at it this way - I bought my pass pre-season so I saved a little there. I didn't spend a bunch of money and abuse my sled on poor conditions. Although I may abuse it a little here in Tug Hill this weekend. Supposed to get a bunch of lake effect but the trails are still beat up.

Mother nature has really kicked us all in the balls! (or vag if your a girl.) :drinks:

Hi guys

I'm canceling my trip in Quebec just not

enough snow going up to the u.p. Michigan

"houghton" has lots of snow and getting more

everyday for the next week. I hope Quebec

is better in march. Thanks for all your reports

crazysnow 

Hi Scarlett,

Welcome to QuebecRider. :good:

We were at Mont Valin last weekend before the rain came. We rode Friday Jan 22 thru Sunday Jan 24. We were going to ride Monday but came back home instead because of the rain forecast.

There was enough snow before the rain on Mont Valin where the rain isn’t going to make it all disappear but it will glaze the trails and there might be some snirt in the corners.

It will take a couple of days for sleds to break up the ice on the trails or if a few inches of snow drops the trails should be “OK”. Everybody’s definition of “OK” is different, I understand that. I wouldn’t expect the trails to be as good as they usually are.

If it were me and I could postpone a week, I probably would and hope for a little snowfall. The weather prediction is for a couple of inches of snow Thursday and Friday at Jonquiere but no big snow in the long term forecast. If I had to go next week or not at all, I would go. I would consider driving the truck to Jonquiere instead of St Raymond. The drive from Quebec City to Jonquiere by truck is 2 hours.

Maybe someone else who is riding up there now will post the conditions. Bill is scheduled to be back Thursday night Jan 28.

Jack & Sandi :D

Hi Scarlett,

Welcome to QuebecRider. :good:

We were at Mont Valin last weekend before the rain came. We rode Friday Jan 22 thru Sunday Jan 24. We were going to ride Monday but came back home instead because of the rain forecast.

There was enough snow before the rain on Mont Valin where the rain isn’t going to make it all disappear but it will glaze the trails and there might be some snirt in the corners.

It will take a couple of days for sleds to break up the ice on the trails or if a few inches of snow drops the trails should be “OK”. Everybody’s definition of “OK” is different, I understand that. I wouldn’t expect the trails to be as good as they usually are.

If it were me and I could postpone a week, I probably would and hope for a little snowfall. The weather prediction is for a couple of inches of snow Thursday and Friday at Jonquiere but no big snow in the long term forecast. If I had to go next week or not at all, I would go. I would consider driving the truck to Jonquiere instead of St Raymond. The drive from Quebec City to Jonquiere by truck is 2 hours.

Maybe someone else who is riding up there now will post the conditions. Bill is scheduled to be back Thursday night Jan 28.

Jack & Sandi :D

Thanks guys . I think we will do the same as the trail reports throughout Quebec have taken an extreme turn for the worse .

Hopefully they can get a few good dumps ( sort of like my mood right now ) and the groomers can hit the trails .

See SAquenay Bill's last post yesterday in the Saquenay lac St jean forum ( NOT GOOD :( )

Thanks guys . I think we will do the same as the trail reports throughout Quebec have taken an extreme turn for the worse .

Hopefully they can get a few good dumps ( sort of like my mood right now ) and the groomers can hit the trails .

See SAquenay Bill's last post yesterday in the Saquenay lac St jean forum ( NOT GOOD :( )

I was just there, I cut my trip short bt 3 days. I rode 190 miles in the RAIN on Monday. Sucked soaked to the bone. Rode 20 miles Tuesday morning, not enough lube for me. Sleds ran hot could smell the slides melting. There is good news, like Bill said the base is good and it is solid just need a few inches of snow and i think things will be back to normal. I would wait a week or two if you can. Do not try to ride up from the south right now, it is not good flooded trails. Keep checking back someone will report when things are good again.