Recent Death?

clarkely

I have heard rumors of a recent death, and the fella supposedly is from the next town over.......

Looking for information.... Not sure if it is an aquantance or not as i know peple up riding now.

If someone has passed, and to all those that have lost their life on the trail, my condolences to him/her, his family and friends........ you will all be in my thoughts and prayers!!

The guy is supposedly from SE Pa next town over from me here in Pa.

I am simply looking for information, information i received was sketchy....... so i wanted to ask for news - if anyone has heard anything.

On the web i found these two articles first one and this one

The guy is supposedly from SE Pa next town over from me here in Pa.

I am simply looking for information, information i received was sketchy....... so i wanted to ask for news - if anyone has heard anything.

On the web i found these two articles first one and this one

GOD, that sucks. Hope for the best. 2 dealers that I know from the York area, a Doo dealer and a Yamaha dealer have guys up there all the time. Sounds to me like that river is not a river you should ride on, it's tidal with a 15' difference in tides. They would have had to be off trail. A definite no-no. For your sake, I hope you didn't know him. For his family and friends, keep your fingers crossed and pray. KEEP US POSTED ON THIS. It's very unfortunate but, it could also be a valuable lesson that all should consider.

Un motoneigiste a vraisemblablement perdu la vie lors d'un accident de motoneige survenu hier à Cacouna, près de Rivière-du-Loup.

Un individu de 64 ans a sombré dans le fleuve Saint-Laurent alors qu'il se trouvait au volant de sa motoneige.

L'accident a eu lieu devant ses compagnons de motoneige. Lorsque le drame est survenu, le groupe tentait de se rendre à une cabane de pêche et roulait sur le fleuve.

La motoneige et le casque du disparu ont été retrouvés, mais les autorités n'effectueront pas de plongées dans le fleuve. La marée étant forte à l'endroit où le motoneigiste a sombré, le corps est probablement au large. Des recherches seront tout de même faites sur les berges.

Journal de Québec:

Un homme de 64 ans de Cacouna, près de Rivière-du-Loup, a perdu la vie de façon tragique, hier soir, sous le regard de ses compagnons impuissants.

Les cinq hommes se rendaient à leur cabane à pêche, à motoneige, lorsque le sexagénaire a coulé à pic, dans le fleuve Saint-Laurent.

« Les motoneigistes roulaient sur le fleuve, à la jonction de la rivière des Vases, lorsque l'un d'eux a perdu les feux de la motoneige qu'il suivait», a expliqué Claude Ross, porte-parole pour la Sûreté du Québec à Rimouski.

Immédiatement, le groupe s'est immobilisé pour constater le drame. « À cet endroit, il y a des marées, et c'était à l'eau claire. Le motoneigiste n'a eu aucune chance», a précisé le porte-parole.

La motoneige de la victime a été retrouvée, ainsi que son casque de protection, mais aucun plongeur n'effectuera de recherche dans le fleuve. « La marée est très forte à cet endroit, et le corps est probablement déjà parti. Des policiers vont toutefois vérifier les berges, en hélicoptère, pour retrouver la victime», a précisé le policier.

hi !!

unless we are nt talking about the same accident ,but the victim was from cacouna ,near riviere du loup .

un homme de 64 ans de cacouna pres de riviere du loup / a 64 y/o man from cacouna near riviere du loup .............

saw a reportage on tv about that monday i think and they even talked with his son .

groomer !!!

that article is the only one i could find....... but i believe someon else may have had a bad turn.

it could be possible .i watch the news almost every nights and i go on the french forum maybe 10-15x a day and i have nt heard or read something about ''yours ''.

i ll keep an eye on it ,just in case .

groomer !!!

Both of those articles are from the same incident from sunday near rivere du loup on the st lawrence near isle vert

they were trying to reach some fishing huts or something and the guy went through they are looking for the body still I believe

this is the latest death I have heard of in the province by snowmobiling

Sounds like not the best place to travel on ice that moves 15ft twice a day. Just my opinion

But my sympathy to the family and especially the friends with him helpless to save him.

must have been a bad scene for sure