Devils Mtn. to Kanawata

600IQHO

Does anybody know the milaege from the Comfort inn, at Devils Mtn to Kanawata via trail 13 and 83? Thanks for any info!

Now first of all I am assuming you realize that after checking out the view from Devil's Mt. you will have to travel approx. 30 miles to get back to Mont Laurier to the Comfort Inn. From Mont Laurier it should be approx. 180 miles to Parent then from there on 83 it is about 60 miles to Casey then about 30 miles to Kanawata. Just be careful coming down from Casey you have to make a pretty hard right to go to Kanawata don't follow 369 to the left or you will end up at Chateauvert, maybe you are familiar with that I don't know when you have been up there last but I know my wife doesn't like backtracking at the end of the day. :lol: Just a note also I remeber on one of your posts I think you said you are leaving from LeCabanon to go to Devil's Mt. I was looking at some of my notes and from St. Zenon proper it is 152 miles to Mont Laurier that is going the shortest way and to Le Cabanon would be another 8 miles. Then tack on 60 miles round trip from ML to Devil's mt. and you have around 220 for the day that should be a pretty good day. If you leave LeCabanon and go through St. Michel it will be a little longer. As far as gas I don't know how far you can go but it is about 95 miles from LeCabanon to the RR bed (L'Annonciation) and gas is just after you turn onto RR bed. There is also gas about 10 miles before that at Macaza and you have to drive right by that pump. Maybe more info than you need or maybe not enough? Let me know, have a good trip and maybe I will see you up there.My dad is arriving at LeCabanon on the 17th and will spend a few days sightseeing with friends (Ice hotel and Quebec City) then probably the 21st or 22nd a few of them will head out for a 5 or 6 day saddlebag trip and I will probably arrive the 27th or 28th with my wife and another guy and a couple of the guys will head home in the vehicle we came up in and 4 or 5 of us will go on a 5 or 6 day saddle bag trip. :drinks:

It is 271 miles

Viper2 You are good :good::good:

monttokan.jpg

Wow I guess that was pretty good estimating then on my part I came up with 270 part by memory and part by notes. Also 600IQHO I just found a map that would help you it is for the wood runner trails and is the same as on the back of the menus at Repos. The website is www.coureurdesbois.ca or www.woodrunnertrail.caIt is a nice little map of exactly the area you are going to run. The map I got is the true map and has the clubs,restaurants, and lodgeing . One thing I notice on the map is in the mileage calculator they claim 257KM from Mont Laurier to Parent, but I think that may be by breaking off of 13 for a shortcut near JB Scott. Check it out. :drinks:

Now first of all I am assuming you realize that after checking out the view from Devil's Mt. you will have to travel approx. 30 miles to get back to Mont Laurier to the Comfort Inn. From Mont Laurier it should be approx. 180 miles to Parent then from there on 83 it is about 60 miles to Casey then about 30 miles to Kanawata. Just be careful coming down from Casey you have to make a pretty hard right to go to Kanawata don't follow 369 to the left or you will end up at Chateauvert, maybe you are familiar with that I don't know when you have been up there last but I know my wife doesn't like backtracking at the end of the day. :lol: Just a note also I remeber on one of your posts I think you said you are leaving from LeCabanon to go to Devil's Mt. I was looking at some of my notes and from St. Zenon proper it is 152 miles to Mont Laurier that is going the shortest way and to Le Cabanon would be another 8 miles. Then tack on 60 miles round trip from ML to Devil's mt. and you have around 220 for the day that should be a pretty good day. If you leave LeCabanon and go through St. Michel it will be a little longer. As far as gas I don't know how far you can go but it is about 95 miles from LeCabanon to the RR bed (L'Annonciation) and gas is just after you turn onto RR bed. There is also gas about 10 miles before that at Macaza and you have to drive right by that pump. Maybe more info than you need or maybe not enough? Let me know, have a good trip and maybe I will see you up there.My dad is arriving at LeCabanon on the 17th and will spend a few days sightseeing with friends (Ice hotel and Quebec City) then probably the 21st or 22nd a few of them will head out for a 5 or 6 day saddlebag trip and I will probably arrive the 27th or 28th with my wife and another guy and a couple of the guys will head home in the vehicle we came up in and 4 or 5 of us will go on a 5 or 6 day saddle bag trip. :drinks:

Thanks for for the reply, the maps must actually be pretty close. They tell me 150 miles from zenon to Mt Lourier. I did tell you the other week we where going to do an overnighter to Devils Mtn and back, but just last night we where starting to think if conditions are good we will make something more out of it. We think we would like to try devils mtn to Kanawata after that. You are right you can fly right by it. Never came down from Casey but going north from Repos I flew right by it. Those trails are awesome up in that area. I also guessed it was about 280 to 300 miles so that was pretty close. We also decided if things are going good we will continue on to Saguenay and stop at the HI. We will get to see Bill 2X this year. This is our 1st saddle bag trip so if things are not going to well we will have a fairly short ride back to the Cabanon from Kanawata. It looks like a 260 + mile day from Kanawata to the HI. I believe it will also be about 325 miles from the Hi back to the Cabanon. We will see how it goes there are a lot of different routes on this loop that we can take that could shorten the trip if we decide to do that. We normally do ride between 200 to 270 miles a day and we have already rode 350 miles in a day so I do not think it will be to much out of our comfort zone. Maybe we will see you in 2 weeks.

I have done that run sort of.From Kanawata to relay 22(369 north to 83 west) was 128 miles. Then relay 22 (83 north)to jacks (toit la vert)in Saint-Franscois de sales is 91 miles.This is useing the short cut trail that Jack maintains, cuts alot of time off heading towards the HI. This saves having to run to roberval.From Jacks to the Hi is 70 miles.Hope this helps.