Help rerouting 3 day trip

mccaffrey

Had 3 day saddle bag trip planned out of St. Raymond to Sacre-Coeur day 1, day 2 on to Jonquire hi with some play time in the valins, day 3 back to St. Raymond,looking for help on any 3 day trips that might have more snow about the same milage, north south? was heading ouy March 4th thank you.

Had 3 day saddle bag trip planned out of St. Raymond to Sacre-Coeur day 1, day 2 on to Jonquire hi with some play time in the valins, day 3 back to St. Raymond,looking for help on any 3 day trips that might have more snow about the same milage, north south? was heading ouy March 4th thank you.

hey mccaffrey,i have been in contact with richard from mechinac and he says that there is good conditions north of latuque to roberval and west of

the lake.he also says that the pipeline (355 north) from mechinac to lac eduard was groomed and is good.

spm, thanks I did see that, Richards would be a good place to start day 1 need to come with 2 nights out thanks again.

we are doing the same,starting at richards on thurs or friday for a loop thru sunday.

Which way are you going?

north to reberval or st felician,the route depending on conditions,i will be talking to richard tonight for an update on conditions.

he has riders leaving today to go that way and will be able to give an update.

:unknw::unknw::unknw:

Sounds like a plan ,going to call Richard and get 1 night booked, spm let me if you hear anything more many thanks.

no problem,keeping my fingers crossed that the snow is going to hold up.

Edited by SPM

I know it would be alot more driving in the car, but the best conditions right now are in the Abitibi. I rode through St. Felician on Sat. afternoon and the fields were very thin, like 6"or less. Up in the mountains there is plenty of snow. You could leave from Latuque if you wanted or Relay 22. From relay 22 you could go to Senneterre then ride around the Abibtibi (93 is awesome) then head back the third day. Check my trip report for more details. :drinks:

I know it would be alot more driving in the car, but the best conditions right now are in the Abitibi. I rode through St. Felician on Sat. afternoon and the fields were very thin, like 6"or less. Up in the mountains there is plenty of snow. You could leave from Latuque if you wanted or Relay 22. From relay 22 you could go to Senneterre then ride around the Abibtibi (93 is awesome) then head back the third day. Check my trip report for more details. :drinks:

thanks viper, is there a good safe place to start from in latuque?how about relay 22 no problems starting there?

are you talking about 83 west to sennetere and then part of 93 then coming back the same way or going all the

way around to chiougamau to st felician

Edited by SPM

thanks viper, is there a good safe place to start from in latuque?how about relay 22 no problems starting there?

are you talking about 83 west to sennetere and then part of 93 then coming back the same way or going all the

way around to chiougamau to st felician

Like dooright said Chez Marinou in LaTuque. If starting at relay 22 I would not be worried, no locked fence or anything but just pull the starter and fuel pump relays and be on your way. Not the type of place that sees alot of through traffic. As far as the route, as long as they don't get alot of sun or any rain you can pass by the west side of Lac St. Jean just watch the weather. I would def. stay on the local orange trails when you can. If you come down from Chib. to LaDore stay straight at gas station onto local trail (just watch you don't shoot onto the ATV trail #70) then when you get into St. Fel. to 373 go towards Roberval and at St. Prime make a right at the intersection in the field toward St. Hedgewich. I would reccommend running the 5kms into St. Hedgewich when you hit 83 so you have enough gas to get to Relay 22 without worry. It is about 80 miles from St. Hedge. to Relay 22 :drinks: