Joliette/ Lac Blanc outfitter /Koubec photo ride-report January29,2023

towing

here the ride we did Sunday January 29 under a temperature of -12C with snow

carte_2eAKcQq5neNDbgB5xahSyH.jpg

Left St-Thomas near Joliette around 9:00 AM to go have a lunch at the Lac Blanc outfitter near St-Alexis des Monts.

Despite the snow, the visibility in the distance was correct, we could easily see the stakes, but it was difficult to see the relief of the trail. Luckily,all trails had been freshly groomed and with the deep cold night the conditions were perfect.

DJI_0035.JPG

As usual in these snow conditions, visibility was almost perfect in the woods

DJI_0037.JPG

Since the snow had just started, we chose to do the most fields section in the morning before there were too many snow blades. Here on #3 in St-Cuthbert.

DJI_0042.JPG

This weather reminded me of when I was a kid and the school closed due to snowstorm and i was spending the day at playing in the storm.

DJI_0049.JPG

It ride extremely well, perfect trail. We went through the #63 and then took the #350 in the St-Paulin sector.

DJI_0056.JPG

To note in this sector, the gas station in the village of St-Paulin is closed on Sundays.

DJI_0063.JPG

The trail was nice and beautiful snowy scenery

DJI_0065.JPG

DJI_0070.JPG

We arrived early around 11:15 for lunch at the Auberge du Lac-Blanc

DJI_0084.JPG

It was wise to arrive early, the service was fast and impeccable and it was more busy when we left an hour later.

DJI_0090.JPG

Although we had to come back home early for a family dinner, since it was still early we were able to stretch the ride a bit by going north on the trail à Gaston (#350 northwest).

DJI_0094.JPG

Again, very cold temperature helping, the trail was mint and the beautiful 3" layer of snow that gave a smooth ride in powder

DJI_0100.JPG

The little 900 ace is a lot of fun to ride in these mint wooded trail conditions.

DJI_0110.JPG

The snow cover is getting impressive in Lanaudière/Mauricie, in the good ones that we have had for several years

DJI_0120.JPG

We quickly pass by  Koubec 

DJI_0132.JPG

And went back down south via trail #345 which was perfect.

DJI_0145.JPG

We went through the Mandeville sector

DJI_0166.JPG

I was tempted to take the marked trail on Lake Maskinongé but with the snow and the wind my sweetheart was not very comfortable with my plan so we kept on the land trail

DJI_0174.JPG

The trails were a bit more rough in  St-Gabriel sector but I was not surprised because I had read they had a major breakage on one of their 2 dozers at the end of the week and they only have one left to groom their entire territory.

We went back down to the St-Cuthbert sector where we resumed the morning trail path to return home. There were more snow blades in the fields but it was still riding well

DJI_0199.JPG

We were quickly back home around 3:40 p.m. with 232kms of happiness on the meter

The season is now with outstanding conditions and we finally have some real cold to freeze the trails and make them more solid. I expect the few rivers that were not safe yet to be ok by the end of the week with the weather forecast ahead.

Gentlemen, start your engines and go!

Edited by towing

On 1/30/2023 at 9:15 PM, towing said:

Gentlemen, start your engines and go!

Muchas gracias Alain!  You ROCK!

Thanks for bringing it to those of us that have yet to bring ourselves to it!

Yes sir, those flat light conditions can be pretty tricky to nav in the open areas.

And special thanks for keeping your boss happy, so that she continues to bless us with the excellent photography!

Enjoy!