New helmet

Shore1066

Went to the Ski Doo dealer today in Amque to check out a new Oxygen helmet.  They are on sale for 30 percent off. Anyway I bought one with the idea of being able to wear my glasses with it. I have read many posts about being able to wear glasses with one.  I know I am probably going to do something wrong so what is the protocol for getting ready.  Do you get your glasses on with your helmet inside and go out or ride with your shield up for awhile.  I may need some advice.  Thanks in advance.  

They will probably fog at first. Crack the shield and they will clear in short order. Once you get running you can close everything up. The heat off the shield keeps the air in the helmet warm which stops you from having any fogging issues.

I wear glasses and have an oxygen helmet.  To start I take the glasses off and then put the helmet on.  Then I put the glasses back on  (can't see to drive without them).  I keep the shield up until on the sled and moving.  After a few minutes I can close it with no fogging issues.  How much clothing you have around your neck changes things also. That extra flap on the helmet needs to be over any neckwear.  I usually run 2 lights on the cord.  You can adjust to your preference.  If you can't see a light your cord is not working.

Enjoy!

Sandi

7 hours ago, revct1 said:

I wear glasses and have an oxygen helmet.  To start I take the glasses off and then put the helmet on.  Then I put the glasses back on  (can't see to drive without them).  I keep the shield up until on the sled and moving.  After a few minutes I can close it with no fogging issues.  How much clothing you have around your neck changes things also. That extra flap on the helmet needs to be over any neckwear.  I usually run 2 lights on the cord.  You can adjust to your preference.  If you can't see a light your cord is not working.

Enjoy!

Sandi

Thanks for the advice.  I  wore it first time today.  There is going to be a getting use to it period.  I didn't wear my glasses today because I was just trying to get the feel of the helmet.  First I couldn't believe how hot it gets in side. The extra vision you get is great.  There is no noise to be heard.  All and all I really like it a lot. I'll try your advice tomorrow.  Last day up here for now.  Had a good ride even though we got into a storm yesterday.  Thanks