2023 Quebec Ride(s)

mrgrumpers

Well time for my yearly post on the trips I took with my father this year.  Again we stayed in and around St. MIchel-des-saints.  We were trying for a full two weeks again but that didn’t happen, which will get explained in a little.

Trip 1 - Jan 28-Feb 4 (Actually to Feb 2)

Overall this trip was going to be great!! Super cold weather, and I mean cold.  Got up and didn’t ride Saturday just wanted to relax and take in the nice snow since PA hasn’t gotten anything at all.  Our sleds had the Polaris recalls done before we went up so everything was gonna be great until Wednesday.

Jan 29th:

• Trip Summary - overtop dam, then towards Real Masse.  Trip to stop for a snack but they were already closed by the time we arrived.
  • Trip Length - 190 miles
  • Trails - 345, 360, 23, 33, 350, local trails
  • Trail Conditions 8.5 out of 10

Jan 30th:

• Trip Summary - Repos then to Riviere-Mattwain 
  • Trip Length - 250 miles
  • Trails - 33, 345, 360
  • Trail Conditions 8.5 out of 10 (part of 360 had some massive rollers)

Fed 1st:

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Rogue
  • Trip Length - Can’t remember
  • Trails - 63, 33
  • Trail Conditions 8.5 out of 10, little annoying with the logging but trails still in great shape

Fed 2nd:

• Trip Summary - South Saint-Cuthbert, Saint-Paulin
  • Trip Length -
  • Trails - 63, 23, 3, 350

This day got interesting, rode with a friend we met last year.  Trails were smooth all the way down to St Paulin.  Got stopped by the cops again, but they just wanted to see trail passes and make sure we were speeding.  Passed them throughout the day but very nice and friendly.  Stopped for some food then went back out.  Headed down a long straight and my sled just shuts off with a check engine light.  No idea, started right back and and hit the gas and died again.  Couldn’t figure out how to use the 7s display at the moment.  Checked everything, new plugs, oil line and etc.  So I can keep it under 25 without giving it much throttle.  95 miles back to our place at 25mph and the sled shutting off roughly 30 times was rough.  Left the next morning to go home and take it the dealer.  Dealer calls right back and speak with the tech and he takes full blame.  The one exhaust sensor backed out and it was the one thing I didn’t notice while on the trail. Stuff happens but a great trip overall did roughly 800 miles in 4 days.

R82vL00.jpg
6eGn7F8.jpg
hvidJzK.jpg
Wo1y1Sd.jpg

Trip 2 - Feb 18th - Feb 25th

Well this trip was a little nerve racking for me since I really had no idea about my sled.  But took it easy the first day to make sure everything was in good shape and nothing was wrong at all.  Little warm a couple of the days but trails were amazing.  Also met some other Quebec rider members who were actually staying next to us.  I completely forgot to get here names but it was great to meet them and pass them on the trail all week.

Feb 19th:

• Trip Summary - Smaller loop towards Koubec then overtop the dam
  • Trip Length - 150 miles
  • Trails - 345, 360, 23, 33, 350

Feb 20th:

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Mattwain 
  • Trip Length - 215 miles
  • Trails - 33, 360
  • Trail Conditions 8.5 out of 10 (part of 360 had some massive rollers)

Feb 1st:

• Trip Summary - Lac Blanc, Saint-Paulin, small local trails instead of going through Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
  • Trip Length - 192
  • Trails - 345, 350, 63, 3

Feb 2nd:

• Trip Summary - Saint Donat - Black Mountain
  • Trip Length - 230 miles
  • Trails - 63, 33
  • Trail Conditions 9.5 out of 10 - new trail going towards Coin-lavigne was amazing

Feb 3rd:

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Mattwain (My favorite run, can go at a great pace and just a great ride.)
  • Trip Length - 200 miles
  • Trails - 33, 360, 345

Feb 4th:

• Trip Summary - overtop dam, then towards Real Masse for a bite to eat and see some old friends
  • Trip Length - 190 miles
  • Trails - 345, 360, 23, 33, 350, local trails

7af5I43.jpg
eW2v1Q7.jpg
jAFJMsa.jpg
xXFgH80.jpg
wg7uWlh.jpgFo17fJZ.jpg

Yes I really wish I could still be riding right now, but only have so much vacation time ride.  I look forward to next year and riding again but another great season with 1970 on in 10 days.

Hope you all have a great season, looks like you will be riding for some time still. 

Videos of our last day will be posted eventually.

Kyle & Mike

Edited by mrgrumpers

6 hours ago, DooTents said:

Where is that poutine?😃

We are riding next week out of St Zenon.

https://www.golflactaureau.com is where the poutine is from.  Right in Saint-Michel-des-Saint on the trail.  Amazing food all around.

First video upload will continue to upload more.