gaspe region 3/16 thru rest of week

first off, a HUGE thank you to GROOMER for his aide in getting us setup in Mont Joli this week. I met him at the clubhouse tuesday, was a pleasant lunch as well!

I have been to many regions of Quebec over the years. Prior to this trip I always leaned towards the lac saint jean-mont valin region as being my favorite. I have to say that gaspe takes most of the cake now! even with low snow in some areas. We saddle bagged from the Mont Joli area east, great ride. From Matane east was some real fast stuff, massive elevation changes and great scenery!

attached are links to photobucket and youtube. The photobucket album for Gaspe is best viewed as a slide show at the top right of the screen. the youtube vids are short ones of a couple passes on the Gaspe bay and of the Chic-Choc mountain range. look under "iansmxz" for them (gwx1,gwx2,gtrail)

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrAaqbqVaI

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/ian...%20TRIP%202010/

Edited by monster performance

hi ian !!

thanks !!

great meeting you at the clubhouse and talk for a while .just checked your pics ,your have some great pics !!that pic of mont st pierre at sunset , woooow!! awesome !!like the colors on that pic with part of the mountain on the right . :good:

happy for you that you ve been able to see the mountains of the gaspesie park on a clear sky !! awesome pics !!weather was nt looking good when i met you at the clubhouse !!

it has been a pleasure to help you and alain !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Great pictures, looks like you guys had a good trip. I recognized where most of the pictures were taken. If you were impressed with what you saw then you had better come back next winter and travel more. That was just a taste, the two interior trails (595, 597) are just as impressive.

Great pictures, looks like you guys had a good trip. I recognized where most of the pictures were taken. If you were impressed with what you saw then you had better come back next winter and travel more. That was just a taste, the two interior trails (595, 597) are just as impressive.

I 2nd this you must go back up when they have a real winter

Great pictures. We were just up there a few weeks ago and it brought back great memories. Thanks. BLPH

Great pictures. What is the trail in picture 5 that appears to run right into the ocean?

that was trail 5 a bit west of mont st pierre I recall. It was a nice run down hill over the rollers in the trail.

For sure, when gaspesie has their nomral winter across the region i will be back for a much longer journey by sled, less by car!

ian

that was trail 5 a bit west of mont st pierre I recall. It was a nice run down hill over the rollers in the trail.

For sure, when gaspesie has their nomral winter across the region i will be back for a much longer journey by sled, less by car!

ian

ian,

Great pictures, Dad and I were up there 3/15 and 3/16 for a total of 315 miles. It was sooooooo sweeeeeeet! I have got to get my pictures into photobucket too, but here is one I like.

post-53-1269552608_thumb.jpg