Taiga Update

Signfan

"The Taiga snowmobiles have two to three hours, or 100 kilometres, of range."

That's a huge downside to anyone that rides Quebec. Probably a lot less in subzero temps. 

The issue with any alternative is building the infrastructure. Generating H2 at a site can be done but it is electric and water intensive. 

On 5/15/2023 at 8:01 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Electric is Betamax!

Hydrogen is iTunes!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42796089/2024-honda-cr-v-powered-by-hydrogen-details/

(But I'm an Android guy, and I LOVE recycling dinosaurs!)

Let's be honest.  Both options suck in their current offerings.  There is lots being spent on R and D though.  So hopefully we get there sooner than later.  Talking with some generator guys and they've told me the energy density isn't nearly as good with hydrogen vs. natural gas.  It will take a larger volume of fuel to do the same job.  Natural gas was never as good as diesel or gasoline on this front to begin with.  I'd say were on the EV bandwagon now like it or not.  Question is when they can get the range up, charging times down and cold weather performance in line with less losses.  I could be wrong, but what I see is lots of EV charging infrastructure being built.  I don't see much in the way of hydrogen infrastructure coming online.  Water emissions would make for some interesting winter driving though wouldn't it?  Might firm some trails up if the sleds are watering the trails down ever so lightly as you ride too.  Maybe they can find a way to convert that water emissions into snow.  Every sled is a snow maker.  Now we're onto something.