i'm looking for off trail riders??

aviator_mech

Please keep this in mind !

Remember most fatal accidents happen off trail ! Please stay on the marked trails and have a safe season !

Staying on marked trails also saves our sport .

so wait, i ride a renegade 800 x so i can stay on trail??? of course most accidents happen off trail, we hit jumps and ride off cliffs, etc.... why doesn't the federation build a few 20 foot kickers in the middle of trails, and let the powder build up to your waist, then i'll stay on trail lol...

so wait, i ride a renegade 800 x so i can stay on trail??? of course most accidents happen off trail, we hit jumps and ride off cliffs, etc.... why doesn't the federation build a few 20 foot kickers in the middle of trails, and let the powder build up to your waist, then i'll stay on trail lol...

Grow up DUDE!

Grow up DUDE!

oh that's what its all about... ok well then, i think you should email all the snowmobile/component companies that are in existence and tell them that they should stop producing jumping/powder sleds or components, because it is not a grown up thing to do... make sure you address it to all the ceo's, because you know better... these machines are made to ride in powder and hit jumps, they have 10 inch's of travel in the suspension, 6 inch wide skis for a reason...

I did not know that this site was called quebectrailrider.com for your information i hardly ever ride trails and I've been riding 18 years.... find me in a gravel pit and i'll be happy.

If you cannot relate then please do not post in this thread ok, i do not care for your input... I am just looking for ppl with similar riding styles... if you aren't like that then please ignore and continue living your life thank you....

oh that's what its all about... ok well then, i think you should email all the snowmobile/component companies that are in existence and tell them that they should stop producing jumping/powder sleds or components, because it is not a grown up thing to do... make sure you address it to all the ceo's, because you know better... these machines are made to ride in powder and hit jumps, they have 10 inch's of travel in the suspension, 6 inch wide skis for a reason...

I did not know that this site was called quebectrailrider.com for your information i hardly ever ride trails and I've been riding 18 years.... find me in a gravel pit and i'll be happy.

If you cannot relate then please do not post in this thread ok, i do not care for your input... I am just looking for ppl with similar riding styles... if you aren't like that then please ignore and continue living your life thank you....

Ok, but tell us how you really feel...........

Im sure you will finds lots of people on cimq who love off trail riding. check out their site.

Im just saying the industry is going the wrong way with pushing long tracks/powder machines in our erea !

Its becoming a problem with people who go off trail even under power lines that are still own buy private individual that in many cases doo allow a trail to pass on their lands but are nor happy with everyone going off trail to fool around on other parts that they own.

Im seeing more and more of this in the st-agathe region and st-donat region and we have lost some trail rights.

If you can find a gravel pit to fool around in and have a the permission from the owner go and have fun.

Off trails riding is for sure a different way of riding but might be more suited to the rockies mountains.

Try this site ! Many off trail riders http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/index.php

Hope this helps.

The sled purpose was for cross country in any conditions. Cross country means different things to different people. Nothing wrong with you enjoying off trail riding unless it impacts others and the quality/availability of trails. I have been riding long track before they were factory. Mostly for the ability to keep touring if conditions took a turn. Cote no rd is good area. You likely wont effect the sport in more metropolitan area. The federation wont build those nor will the land owners allow it the liability alone. Gravel pits are dangerous keep that in mind. The other spectrum are the folks that would argue I have a race sled so I should be able to race and act like an ass on the trail. Just as wrong I.M.O

The trails are not a right its a privilege respect them the same way you wish to be respected as a person.

hey, i'm looking for ppl to ride with, if you like riding off trail and hitting up gravel pits, i'm always down, i like to some times ride trail too, but i'm more of an off trail rider.... anyone down for some sledding?

I would love to try off trail riding with my Renegade.But I haven't seen any club areas reserved for this purpose.If they exist in Quebec could someone let me know.If not may be the federation should look into doing something for riders that buy machines for that purpose

Maybe if you can't understand why people are telling you to watch where you do this then maybe YOU shouldn't post on this site. The people that are the regular posters on this site have been riding Canada for decades. They know how critical it is to respect the landowner who graciously allows us to ride the trails through his land. They also know that these same landowners generally do NOT want people riding off the marked trail all over their land. Yes, there are places to do the boon-docking but generally, it is not in the East. Mostly all land is private. You say you've been riding 18 years. If that is true, then you already know that it is usually frowned upon to ride off trail. Also, most of the people here ride about 5 to 10,000 miles a year. That kind of experience usually teaches one the etiquette that is needed to keep this sport alive. If you read the replies to your original post the way they were meant to read, you will see that all we are saying is get permission to ride where you want to ride BEFORE you do it. For a newbie, you sure made it a point to blast the people trying to help keep the sport a reality.

Maybe if you can't understand why people are telling you to watch where you do this then maybe YOU shouldn't post on this site. The people that are the regular posters on this site have been riding Canada for decades. They know how critical it is to respect the landowner who graciously allows us to ride the trails through his land. They also know that these same landowners generally do NOT want people riding off the marked trail all over their land. Yes, there are places to do the boon-docking but generally, it is not in the East. Mostly all land is private. You say you've been riding 18 years. If that is true, then you already know that it is usually frowned upon to ride off trail. Also, most of the people here ride about 5 to 10,000 miles a year. That kind of experience usually teaches one the etiquette that is needed to keep this sport alive. If you read the replies to your original post the way they were meant to read, you will see that all we are saying is get permission to ride where you want to ride BEFORE you do it. For a newbie, you sure made it a point to blast the people trying to help keep the sport a reality.

Well said! Stay on the trail. Our sport depends on it!