Trails in Abitibi?

Snowbound

Mid Range,

Any idea if the trails heading up to clova and over to Abitibi area have good snow cover and may be open by the Christmas holiday? Snow map looks favorable...

Thank Yu!

hi snowbound !!

just chatted with a friend of mine from val dor.

he said that there s a lot of snow there ,over 2 '.snowing all the time .

he can t keep up with his snowblower ,the engine is ''red '' ha !! ha !! meaning over heating !! :lol:

might have pics for you tomorrow.

groomer !!

Is anything being groomed yet?

83 from clova to seneterre?

Val Dor has snow but are the grooming?

Groomer? Ask your contact in val dor if they start to groom.

Merci

sorry , i forgot.he said maybe tonight or tomorrow for the val dor area ,.............but i think he was nt too sure.can t tell you about senneterre and clova area.

last week i think ,i checked the site for the val dor club , and it was down.club ski moteur.

groomer !!!

Mid Range,

Any idea if the trails heading up to clova and over to Abitibi area have good snow cover and may be open by the Christmas holiday? Snow map looks favorable...

Thank Yu!

Dominique from restaurant Clova hasn't post yet on the french forum but normally they are starting to groom Lépine road after the Xmas holidays ( beginning of january).I don't think snow is an issue up there.Even Martin from Tamarac did not post any update yet over here on QR.I will try to gather some first hand reports if possible.

But I am pretty sure these people are not open during Xmas holidays only beyond.

Edited by Mid Range

• 2 weeks later...

Mid-Range,

Are the trails around Manawaki open? I'm looking to not drive too far North and go for a test run before we head out for our trips this year.

Do you know if the park is going to be open again heading up to Val D'Or?

Cheers!!

Some trails are open.Not the whole network cause lakes and rivers are not safe yet.Your best bet would be the railroad bed and grand-remous to le domaine.We need more snow.North of Maniwaki on 13 north was rough on the 26th.They must wait til a swamp freeze hard to groom it again.They almost sank a groomer between Maniwaki and Grand-Remous last week or so.

As for the Park.Val d'Or are grooming it.I know that it is open from The Classic Restaurant up to Le Domaine.Beyond Le Domaine, I don't know.It seems to be hard to get trail condition in that area.ADMDQ website says the park is still closed.