WARNING LIGHTS

ROSCOEJOE

I WAS AT THE VSCA SHOW IN MASS AND A GUY WAS SELLING AN LED LIGHT THAT YOU PUT ON YOUR HOOD. IF YOU ARE FIRST YOU TURN ON THE YELLOW AND THE LAST GUY'S TURNS HIS ON GREEN TO TELL THE FOLKS COMMING THE OTHER WAY ALL IS CLEAR/LAST SLED. THIS WAY YOU DON'T NEED TO USED HAND SIGNALS . HAS ANYONE USED OR HAVE THESE. HERE'S THE WEB SITE.http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/ ALSO FLASHES IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OR WHATEVER

I WAS AT THE VSCA SHOW IN MASS AND A GUY WAS SELLING AN LED LIGHT THAT YOU PUT ON YOUR HOOD. IF YOU ARE FIRST YOU TURN ON THE YELLOW AND THE LAST GUY'S TURNS HIS ON GREEN TO TELL THE FOLKS COMMING THE OTHER WAY ALL IS CLEAR/LAST SLED. THIS WAY YOU DON'T NEED TO USED HAND SIGNALS . HAS ANYONE USED OR HAVE THESE. HERE'S THE WEB SITE.http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/ ALSO FLASHES IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OR WHATEVER

Nice jugs... :pardon:

I have seen these light the last couple of years at the ISC meetings and in a couple of magazines. They look like a good idea, however I have never seen them on the trail. Do you think the average sledder would know what the light colors meant at this point in time??

I don't buy the idea at all, common sense and trail edickit (spelling) is more then enough.

All clear? I don't think so. end of that group of sleds only.

I can see it now, people will see the green light thinking the whole trail is wide open for them selfs.

I don't buy the idea at all, common sense and trail edickit (spelling) is more then enough.

All clear? I don't think so. end of that group of sleds only.

I can see it now, people will see the green light thinking the whole trail is wide open for them selfs.

I totally agree. I gave up hand signals years ago. For one, I like having both hands on the bars when other sleds approach, and, you have to assume that there is always a sled coming at every blind corner or hill top.

My only exception is warning of possible dangers to riders behind me that may be daydreaming in the snowdust. I'll also give a last sled signal on a trail thats only one sled wide (Hills,bridges,etc) :good: l

I totally agree. I gave up hand signals years ago. For one, I like having both hands on the bars when other sleds approach, and, you have to assume that there is always a sled coming at every blind corner or hill top.

My only exception is warning of possible dangers to riders behind me that may be daydreaming in the snowdust. I'll also give a last sled signal on a trail thats only one sled wide (Hills,bridges,etc) :good: l

:good: all common sense. :good:

Someone told me a long time ago, if someone is comming around a corner or flying past you on a straightway with one hand on the bar, the only thing they are telling me is that they are out of control...

I can't see these lights catching on.. and as far as hand signals go, I keep my hands on the wheel. Last year I had 3 yahoos come around the corner all crossed up and out of controll each giving me the "contdown". If everyone keeps right I could see who's behind them. This incident happened in Maine, I don't see many people signaling in Quebec.

Depends where U are riding. In NY the lights, hand signals or anything else is of little value. I am speaking of Tug Hill mostly what a circus. Loaded with wanna be's, everyone faster than the next. Yea I know I am guilty of this in the past.

NOW in Quebec a member has taught us to ride with enough distance between riders so the snow dust has setteled. It is like you are alone on the trail. Oncoming traffic is easily handled by hand signals.

Now get cold & SNOW dammit... :clapping:

I do signal sometimes when riding. If it is a tight area or a blind corner I will signal. I am hoping people will just give the riders behind me a little extra room. I don't rely on a signal to prevent a crash just to give a little extra room to be courteous.