Reservoir Gouin Cassey Clova Parent

Trailblazer

I'm heading up ther this weekend,planning to leave friday morning from St.Zenon head up to Casey then Obedjewan,Clova,Parent and back. Does anybody have any info on lodging,gas and trail conditions?

Are you leaving from the St.Zenon village? Which trail do you plan on taking to Repos? I would try to stay away from SMDS as I have heard the trails and snowcover are pretty rough around town. I would either take the lake from the campground to Canadventure to 33 north to Repos (don't take 33 all the way from SMDS)or I would go to LeCabanon and take the 345 down across the barrage then either 345 to Repos or 360 to 33 north to Repos. 345 is the longest but many times the best trail. Repos has gas then take the 369 to Casey and gas at Petit Gare (they also have food and would be a good lunch stop) As far as the trail around the Gouin you will pick that up just a little past the outfitter Halteparche (which I think is closed again this year)There is a pretty big sign on the right where thr trail starts with a picture of the map around the Gouin. I think I may have that placemat map at home if I do I think it shows the gas/room stops. Last year we left LeCabanon and rode to Clova that day. Before you go if you want to find out better trail info I would call some of these places I think they are all trustworthy. LeCabanon 450-884-5762,Kanawata 819-666-2007,and Tamarac in Clova 819-662-3319. I have not been around the Gouin but last year Martin at the Tamarac told us it was marked well and they do groom it. Hope this helps :drinks:

Thanks for your help Viper2, i made some calls myself this morning but you never have enough information when it comes to riding in these remote areas. Hotel Tamarac, Casey and Pourvoirie Martin are telling me all is good trails are open, groomed and staked. Clova tells me and i quote "they are impeckable". Our plan is to leave from Le Cabanon and head up to the dam and take the 345 to Repos, once we have completed the loop of the reservoir and reach Clova, we have 2 options to date and are stil tossing them around. Option 1 head back to Parent and take the same trail back or option 2 take Ch.Lepine to Rabaska and sleep in Ste.Anne du Lac, return to Cabanon via J.B.Scott and Manawan. Despite information i recieved earlier in the season about Ch.Lepine(which was that the road had been plowed from Motel Classic to L'Evasion for logging), Clova tells me it is in pristine shape and groomed all the way down and in fact the trail is shot to hell from Motel Classic to Maniwaki from logging. I hope someone can shed some light on this, too much mixed information becomes questionable. Thanks in advance. JG

Thanks for your help Viper2, i made some calls myself this morning but you never have enough information when it comes to riding in these remote areas. Hotel Tamarac, Casey and Pourvoirie Martin are telling me all is good trails are open, groomed and staked. Clova tells me and i quote "they are impeckable". Our plan is to leave from Le Cabanon and head up to the dam and take the 345 to Repos, once we have completed the loop of the reservoir and reach Clova, we have 2 options to date and are stil tossing them around. Option 1 head back to Parent and take the same trail back or option 2 take Ch.Lepine to Rabaska and sleep in Ste.Anne du Lac, return to Cabanon via J.B.Scott and Manawan. Despite information i recieved earlier in the season about Ch.Lepine(which was that the road had been plowed from Motel Classic to L'Evasion for logging), Clova tells me it is in pristine shape and groomed all the way down and in fact the trail is shot to hell from Motel Classic to Maniwaki from logging. I hope someone can shed some light on this, too much mixed information becomes questionable. Thanks in advance. JG

Sounds like a good plan, I have a feeling you may answer your question yourself after you make the ride up. If the trails are really nice I would would be reluctant to roll the dice although it is nice to make a "loop". Hopefully Midrange or someone who has ridden the Lepine rd. will chime in here. :good:

I'm heading up ther this weekend,planning to leave friday morning from St.Zenon head up to Casey then Obedjewan,Clova,Parent and back. Does anybody have any info on lodging,gas and trail conditions?

What map can I find the trail to Obedjiwan? i have a 2011 map and I do not see any trails heading up that way. Iam doing the Casey, Parent, Clova trip next week and the trip you are doing looks interesting.

What map can I find the trail to Obedjiwan? i have a 2011 map and I do not see any trails heading up that way. Iam doing the Casey, Parent, Clova trip next week and the trip you are doing looks interesting.

Local map, you can get it up in that area.

Edited by Trailblazer

Clova tells me it is in pristine shape and groomed all the way down and in fact the trail is shot to hell from Motel Classic to Maniwaki from logging.

Let me correct something here.Lépine road runs from Highway 117(La Verendrye Park) to Clova.

Trail blazer,I went to the source as I spoke over the phone with Dominique(owner of Auberge Clova) and via internet with Martin the owner of Rabaska Lodge.The trail is open and in good condition between Clova and Rabaska lodge.They made a trail on the shoulder of the Lépine road(the plowed portion) to avoid the sand.

Clova is supposed to open a trail this winter off the woodrunner trail to Lépine bridge at the ZEC Petawaga gate in order to avoid logging activities cause the Lépine road is sanded.I called at the Classic and he was waiting for fresh news wether or not clova groomer came all the way down to lépine road.

So if you want to use a different trail during your trip...you can go thru Rabaska.

Anyhow.....I will call back at the classic tuesday night to see if the new trail is open from Lépine bridge.

BTW trails were in good shape from Maniwaki to the Classic saturday.....Lépine road is located in a different spot

I am going to Clova next saturday.Don't know yet if we will go by the Classic or Rabaska lodge.

Edited by Mid Range

Trail blazer,I went to the source as I spoke over the phone with Dominique(owner of Auberge Clova) and via internet with Martin the owner of Rabaska Lodge.The trail is open and in good condition between Clova and Rabaska lodge.They made a trail on the shoulder of the Lépine road(the plowed portion) to avoid the sand.

That's great news Midrange thanks for your in put.

Clova is supposed to open a trail this winter off the woodrunner trail to Lépine bridge at the ZEC Petawaga gate in order to avoid logging activities cause the Lépine road is sanded.I called at the Classic and he was waiting for fresh news wether or not clova groomer came all the way down to lépine road.

Keep us updated, that would be nice if there would be an alternative route, i've down Ch.Lepine when it has been plowed, no fun at all.

I spoke with Carol at the Tamarac, it's nice to have rider information aswell.

So if you want to use a different trail during your trip...you can go thru Rabaska.

Anyhow.....I will call back at the classic tuesday night to see if the new trail is open from Lépine bridge.

BTW trails were in good shape from Maniwaki to the Classic saturday.....Lépine road is located in a different spot

I am going to Clova next saturday.Don't know yet if we will go by the Classic or Rabaska lodge.

Dave, I have this map that Trailblazer showed if you want PM me a fax # and I will send it. Or stop up one day and I will make a copy for you. :drinks: