Hey! I'm new here!!

Switchback 2006

Hello to all of you!

I am new here and I liked what I saw and read here :good:

I'm from Chaudière-Appalache on the south shore of Quebec City!

Fear those who know the Mont-Valin... well here we have the Massif du Sud. More or less like The Mont-Valin. On a smaller scale :pardon:

I begin my season on December 09, 2006 and I end on May 02, 2007. More or less 5 months!

This photo was taken off-trail on April 18, 2007

Down the hill...

On the top...

To get there...

Feel free to contact me, if you need information on my region. :good:

I'm also a members of administration for a snowmobile club in Bellechasse.

And I forward to talking with you!

Best regards!! :yahoo:

Welcome aboard SB2006.....hope you will drop some lines on the french site as well. :drinks:

Thanks Mid Range!! :D

We never know! On the french side, there are the same people on Francphone's Forum(CMIQ, The Passion of the snowmobile & more). What I find interesting here is that there's a new world and in addition we must express our self in English .... What really makes change...so new great people to meet !!

Best regards

Great to have you Switchback. I have met some really great peopl who are members here. I am certain you will as well. People like Rob the moderator/owner is a greta die hard and fun to have political discussions with because he is a person who can carry on an intelligent discussion even if you disagree and still be buds, Saguenay Bill, well what can I say about the old fart? He is mine and just about everybody on here IDOL! He is the MAN! Andyman is a wealth of knowledge and a great guy too. Earlyrider, well as his name implies, he is the FIRST man out. Truly hard core! Then we have the Ansel Adams of the Gaspesie....GROOMER! Zeusand....well just stay away from him. He drills holes in bogey wheels. ;) :fool: The list goes on and on.

By the way. I was in your neck of the woods this weekend. I was in Levis!

Great to have you Switchback. I have met some really great peopl who are members here. I am certain you will as well. People like Rob the moderator/owner is a greta die hard and fun to have political discussions with because he is a person who can carry on an intelligent discussion even if you disagree and still be buds, Saguenay Bill, well what can I say about the old fart? He is mine and just about everybody on here IDOL! He is the MAN! Andyman is a wealth of knowledge and a great guy too. Earlyrider, well as his name implies, he is the FIRST man out. Truly hard core! Then we have the Ansel Adams of the Gaspesie....GROOMER! Zeusand....well just stay away from him. He drills holes in bogey wheels. ;) :fool: The list goes on and on.

By the way. I was in your neck of the woods this weekend. I was in Levis!

Hi Shane! Thank you for those informations!! :good:

'' owner is a greta die hard and fun to have political discussions with because he is a person who can carry on an intelligent discussion even if you disagree and still be buds :good: :good: :good: :good:''

It's people like this that I look to talk to! ! It's one of the main reasons why I spent less time on the Francophone's forum & and I want to look for something else....& someone else!! If we disagree, they are 100 of theme to shit on you for what you said. Sorry for my language! :pardon:

As we say in my homeland......It takes all kinds of people to make a world.....But there are people that we would not have needed!

By the way, I work in Lévis! So If you pass once again, send me a mp! That we can have a :drinks:

Best regards :hi:

Bienvenue Switchback 2006

Very glad to have you aboard! :friends:

here's an old pic from your neck of the woods, at the top of the ski lift at massif du sud.

Thanks Rob! It is appreciated! :)

Very cool place to Ride The Massif du Sud...& very nice people as well! It is not everybody who speak English, but there are very Friendly person. :friends:

Best regards,

salut switchback 2006 !!!

welcome aboard from the matapedia valley .btw, i use the same '' expression '' than yours . it takes all kinds of people to make a world !!!

hey shane !!!

to be honest i didnt who was ansel adams , so i made a little search .now i understand .thanks for the comparison !!!! that s why i put 2 scenery pics .

groomer !!! :drinks:

salut switchback 2006 !!!

welcome aboard from the matapedia valley .btw, i use the same '' expression '' than yours . it takes all kinds of people to make a world !!! :drinks:

Thank you very much to all of you!

Salut Groomer!!

Your region is in my plan for this season!

Hope to go in Murdochville to ride in deep pouder :yahoo:

I heard good comments about the new trail ''sentier de la rivièere York''

You, what do you think about this trail?

Salut Bernard!

I am sure that it will go better than last year...hope :good:

Bonjour Mustang00!! Thanks & have a good season!

sorry to tell you that sb 2006 ,but i never been there .im too busy to groom here.if i take the truck logging road ,murdochville is about 130 miles from home and la cache 75 .sure it must be a nice place to ride in the powder !!! btw i like deep snow !!!

i used to go a few times in the faribault area (32 miles north of la cache ) in the yesteryears but since i groom ,let say i don t ride at all .i do a few miles in april and that s it !!

groomer !!!

sorry to tell you that sb 2006 ,but i never been there .im too busy to groom here.if i take the truck logging road ,murdochville is about 130 miles from home and la cache 75 .sure it must be a nice place to ride in the powder !!! btw i like deep snow !!!

i used to go a few times in the faribault area (32 miles north of la cache ) in the yesteryears but since i groom ,let say i don t ride at all .i do a few miles in april and that s it !!

groomer !!!

Well that's O.K!

So you are a workaholic :crazy:

As we say, money does not grow in trees :db:

Well that's O.K!

So you are a workaholic :crazy:

As we say, money does not grow in trees :db:

i m not a workaholic but can be very close !!! i put a lot of my own time in there .grooming is nt a 9 to 5 job.you must nt be afraid to groom at mid night ,3 am , 5 am ,noon,4 pm etc.can go to bed at 10 am and start grooming back at 5-6 pm in the same day .im not the guy to sleep 10-12 hrs in a row .

4-5-6 that s enough for me .

grooming it s tons of hrs but can be very gratifying !!!

groomer !!!

i m not a workaholic but can be very close !!! i put a lot of my own time in there .grooming is nt a 9 to 5 job.you must nt be afraid to groom at mid night ,3 am , 5 am ,noon,4 pm etc.can go to bed at 10 am and start grooming back at 5-6 pm in the same day .im not the guy to sleep 10-12 hrs in a row .

4-5-6 that s enough for me .

grooming it s tons of hrs but can be very gratifying !!!

groomer !!!

Wow!! Cool pics!

I will have to have a ride in thoses machines...one day!

Questions to see your precious work! :clapping:

Regards,

hi swicthback2006 !!!

if you want to take a ride in one of those machines ,do it !!! it s another way to see the trails.but first ask the operator how long the run will be ????

next season will be my 8 th one and in the first 2 i brought 3 friends at night for a 12-15 hrs run .they all felt asleep !!! probably the first hrs will be a lot of fun but then you ll realize you won t be home soon .seating in the passenger seat can be boring after a few hrs ,because you have nothing to do .when i began to groom i did two 12 -14 hrs runs just to learn and i won t do that again.as an operator i don t realize that because i m working all the time .

so a good advice ,try a short run first and if you like it go for the long one !!! :good:

ps: plain-rev , if you read this ,took those pics the day i met you .march 7

groomer !!!

Groomer you are right i have been the passenger many times and it's hard work, stay awake, stay out of the way, and keep up conversation but not too much haha operator is working. I love it when the kids were young we had an old Bombardier groomer and could sit 5 it was a lot of fun.

what i hated about bringing a passenger ,i could see he was falling asleep ,so i did nt know if i had to talk to him to keep him awake or stop talking and let him sleep .

i don t mind talking while grooming ,but the dullest part for the passenger ,80% of the time i look behind at the drag ,the 20 % left is just to know if im still on the trail !!! ha !! ha !!!

i posted that pic to show that the sight of the passenger must look like that after a few hrs of grooming !!!!!!

groomer !!!

Groomer you are right i have been the passenger many times and it's hard work, stay awake, stay out of the way, and keep up conversation but not too much haha operator is working. I love it when the kids were young we had an old Bombardier groomer and could sit 5 it was a lot of fun.

Grooomer, you make great pictures! ! :good:

Thanks for the advice. I know it's a lot of work and it can become boring!

But just to understand the complexity of the thing!!

A friend of mine groume in the southern Massif ... and believe me it's not easy at all. The height, winds and lot, lot of snow!

He promised me a ride ... but I will follow the advice of grooomer, for sure! ! :good: