Northern Loop Trip Jan 28 - Feb 4

SRSchang

My wife & I are planning a loop trip from somewhere near Senneterre to Chibougamau,Lac St Jean, La Tuque, Parent, then back to Senneterre. I've been watching the other thread on the "Tour Across Top of Quebec" and think I have the gas stops figured out. Just a couple lodging questions:

1 - Where is a good hotel / B&B to leave the truck & trailer near Senneterre? My criteria is I want to make it from that lodging to Chibougamau in one day (preferably less than 300 miles). I'm not looking for a cheap place, but somewhere I don't need to worry about my rig.

2 - I want to stay at a real nice place around Lac St Jean. The wife wants a place where we can get a massage and a great dinner. Want to spend a couple nights and ride around Lac St Jean for a couple days. Any suggestions?

3 - Can anyone verify if there is gas at either Miquelon or Waswanipi this year? Has anyone taken the trail to Waswanipi this year?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

go to http://www.abitibi-temiscamingue-tourism.org/dining-lodging/ . There's a few motels in Senneterre.I have stayed there several times during saddlebag trips at the Senabi(no restaurant though). They have a toll free number. Ask them. Senneterre-Chibougamau is roughly 220 miles.

As for Miquelon gas availability, I see no gas icon on their map and no comments regarding this under trail conditions.

http://www.tourismebaiejames.com/en

James Bay Tourism 1-866-922-4492

Edited by Mid Range

Chateau Roberval in Roberval is a very nice place to stay in LSJ area

The Hotel Du Jardin in St. Felicien is your place, very nice I think they just may have massages there. :good: