Quebec Tune-UP

viper2

I know this site is dedicated to riding in Quebec and nobody can appreciate that more than me but I often wonder how some of us got into riding especially guys I see from places like Maryland ,Texas or Florida. I know most times it is a case where people relocated for other reasons but it is nice to hear peoples stories of their earlier riding days. I am from PA and the last 10 years or so have been poor to say the least but there are alot of riders from here and still some places to ride if we get the white gold. Not so much in the Poconos here anymore but in the central and north west part for sure. I will attach a couple of pics from last weekend of our tune-up about 550 miles in 4 days

post-299-0-48006500-1357396309_thumb.jpg

Western side of PA grand Canyon

post-299-0-08534800-1357396353_thumb.jpg

Had about 2 foot in many areas

post-299-0-02977500-1357396430_thumb.jpg

The West Rim lookout

I know this site is dedicated to riding in Quebec and nobody can appreciate that more than me but I often wonder how some of us got into riding especially guys I see from places like Maryland ,Texas or Florida. I know most times it is a case where people relocated for other reasons but it is nice to hear peoples stories of their earlier riding days. I am from PA and the last 10 years or so have been poor to say the least but there are alot of riders from here and still some places to ride if we get the white gold. Not so much in the Poconos here anymore but in the central and north west part for sure. I will attach a couple of pics from last weekend of our tune-up about 550 miles in 4 days

post-299-0-48006500-1357396309_thumb.jpg

Western side of PA grand Canyon

post-299-0-08534800-1357396353_thumb.jpg

Had about 2 foot in many areas

post-299-0-02977500-1357396430_thumb.jpg

The West Rim lookout

I cant recall the Last time I rode that area. I have a house near that area Driftwood. Used to ride out to cherry springs all the time. It cost less for me to live in Florida and fly north to Quebec then I could drive. Departing from west of Allentown back then not far from your area.

Maryland here. Grew up in the Big Easy after divorce. Snow was mythical to us living in New Orleans because we often visited Dad in Maryland and had white Christmases. in 1972 we made a hell of a snow/mud man in a freak snow in Metarie, LA.

We had a crazy uncle who owned 12 sleds on his farm in Maryland and who used to ride upstate NY with his buddies. Holiday visits might include a snow day at the crazy uncle's farm with snowmobiles.

I became a Quebec rider in Jan 2006 when I had a snow-checked Apex GT and set dates for my sled trip. The ONLY place with snow on the east coast was Lac St Jean so I forfeited my deposit and cancelled my cabin rental in Greenville - Moosehead Lake on the drive to Montreal. I only knew of the Saguenay region due to reading the daily exploits of Sag Bill on HCS. On the way back, we could tell that we could have started "closer" to home and rode up there so we started saddlebagging.

We just rode 2 days in Potter Co. PA as our tune up. 2 weeks to Quebec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrARczlqiyk&feature=share&list=UUcQeWp-KJtmTBXQgzmJ9wdw

Maryland here. Grew up in the Big Easy after divorce. Snow was mythical to us living in New Orleans because we often visited Dad in Maryland and had white Christmases. in 1972 we made a hell of a snow/mud man in a freak snow in Metarie, LA.

We had a crazy uncle who owned 12 sleds on his farm in Maryland and who used to ride upstate NY with his buddies. Holiday visits might include a snow day at the crazy uncle's farm with snowmobiles.

I became a Quebec rider in Jan 2006 when I had a snow-checked Apex GT and set dates for my sled trip. The ONLY place with snow on the east coast was Lac St Jean so I forfeited my deposit and cancelled my cabin rental in Greenville - Moosehead Lake on the drive to Montreal. I only knew of the Saguenay region due to reading the daily exploits of Sag Bill on HCS. On the way back, we could tell that we could have started "closer" to home and rode up there so we started saddlebagging.

We just rode 2 days in Potter Co. PA as our tune up. 2 weeks to Quebec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrARczlqiyk&feature=share&list=UUcQeWp-KJtmTBXQgzmJ9wdw

Nice video Actionjack! probably would have had more action though if you would have video taped going the other way from Black Diamond road toward Coudersport there were some nice whoops in the pieline when I was across it. Where do you stay in Potter?

I stuck Yamahas any lighter outside of Quebec?!

Awww that one was easy to get out he actually was stuck on a pipeline probably 15-20% grade, just had to get er going downhill. I helped a guy with a Vector out of the deep snow on that trip he went off the side of the road to try to turn around. It always amazes me how peop[le are so anxious to struggle and try to pull and lift. I have found the easiest thing to do it walk around in the snow in front of the sled and get it good and packed down and if you didn't dig it in to begin with you can usually drive it right out.

Nice video Actionjack! probably would have had more action though if you would have video taped going the other way from Black Diamond road toward Coudersport there were some nice whoops in the pieline when I was across it. Where do you stay in Potter?

We stayed at Laurelwood in Coudersport primarily due to them having an onsite bar and restaurant. First time I've been to Potter since 2003. Lots of not great but a lot of very good also.

A little helmet cam goes a long way. I have some whooped out trail video just havent processed it yet. I lost my Gopro remote in the first 5 miles due to those whoops. Gonna have a lanyard now.

We stayed at Laurelwood in Coudersport primarily due to them having an onsite bar and restaurant. First time I've been to Potter since 2003. Lots of not great but a lot of very good also.

A little helmet cam goes a long way. I have some whooped out trail video just havent processed it yet. I lost my Gopro remote in the first 5 miles due to those whoops. Gonna have a lanyard now.

I wondered I saw your posts on trailconditions,com but it was a different screen name so I wasn't sure. We have a camp up on Sweden Hill a few miles from the snowmobile club.