question for AC riders

grumpysanta

I would like some feed back on 2012 or 13 artic cat xf1100 non turbo....... ie. how is the power ? handling and reliablity , i heard the belts are $150 each and break often ,please let me know , i have had lots of sleds , 3 makes.............but no CATS , love the look of new cats...

I have a riding buddy with an 1100XF Turbo. This thing rides, & handles incredible! Power is awesome too. He heard the same rumor about these sleds blowing belts but after a little investigation he found it was sleds that have the tuner kits that boost them up in power 75-100 hp. The belts were never designed for 277 hp.

cant comment on the non turbo but the belts like he said are blowing mainly on the booted turbo's and teh 800's. If you stay away from the sno pro model the ride is much better. Just sold my turbo and likely going to rent for the rest of the season and see what doo and yami has for new metal. Right now i am leaning towards the doo.

Go online to snow trax tv last week they show cased the 1100 turbo after watching that you may want one.it was the model with rear rack for trail trips not the racing one. Think it's the cross tour.

Edited by Ilandem

I drove a non turbo last winter for a couple hundred miles one day. The engine works very nice, absolutely no complaints with it. It is very simialar in power to my 1200 4TEC. It gets around 18-19 mpg (imp gal) when running 55-60 mph. I would always pick the 141" track for superior ride comfort.

We have a 2013 F800 LXR 800 2 stroke. So I can't really comment on the 4 stroke motor but as far as the sled is concerned, comparing it to a Doo, it's not there yet. It is vastly improved from the twin spar chassis, but they still have some fine tuning to do on it. The rear suspension isn't as good as our TNT shortie. I don't like the hood and side panel arrangement but I could live with it if you didn't have to remove it everytime we rode. Adding oil for the 2 strokes is a pain. Wouldn't be an issue on the 4 strokes though. And getting the hood removed, if you want to call it that, is a bit of a project the first couple times you do it. I wouldn't want to do it trailside, that's for sure. But that's how it's been so for for us. Sled has 1100 miles on it now and the belt is just about shot. But from what I hear 1100 miles on a belt is pretty good for these things. Have E start issues as well. The snap ring they use to hold the starter shaft togather isn't up to the task. As of yet no service bulletins or recalls on that. All in all though, being a SkiDoo guy, I'll give AC some credit on this sled. They took a step in the right direction, they just need to fine tune it some more. It's about time for a complete rear skid design from them anyway's, so maybe that's in the near future for them.

Edited by SkippyDoo