Matagami Lodging - Suggestions or Options if there are any??

snowpromod

Laying out our loop for the first week of March and are looking to stay the night in Matagami - any suggestions?

Looks like Hotel Motel Matagami is one of the only options. . .

Not a bad place, trail dumps into parking lot. Food service is slow but you are on holiday...

Looking for some help from a French speaking QR member, found this B&B in Matagami on Facebook . . . . we called and they speak zero English and unfortunately I speak zero French. Has anyone stayed here? Are they close to the trail? Do they offer meals and lodging - at what price? Any help help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt

Looking to stay in Matagami the night of March 5th for 3 people.

Le Gite de la Belle - (819) 739-2822

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Gite-de-la-Belle-Rivi%C3%A8re/171329749638950

I've never stayed there.

Called for you.

She says right off the trail.

They offer rooms with breakfast included. They have 3 rooms only. 1 room cost $115 and the two others are $100 taxes and tip included. The more expensive room has a bigger bed.

No dinner there need to go to the Resto that is at hotel Matagami

Right now all 3 rooms are available for your March 5.

Hotel Matagami was fine when I stayed there a few years back. Gas and supplies are directly next store, food was good, fire place in the bar was warm and the drinks were cold. What more can you ask for? Also your first drink is included in your rate.

Hotel Motel Bell

196 Boul Matagami, Matagami, QC, J0Y 2A0 819-739-4347 is an other place to stay on the same street as Motel Matagami. It is an older place with low price, but Motel Matagami is the best. If you stay at the B and B you can go for souper at the new resto in the middle of the village. Good price and good plate, if you are not going to the Matagami. It is located beside the grocery store , but there is no name of resto at the door. You can see it from the gaz station down the street. Note that the old resto motel between Matagami and Amos were we use to have gaz with 5 gal. is not there any more. I notice the building was gone when I pass there last july. So no gaz on that trail until St Dominique du Rosaire. Good trip