New Bridge by Jonquiere

GT Rider

Saguenay - Snowmobilers who use the provincial trail between Alma and Jonquière will run on a new bridge near Cépal Auberge Nature in the month of January. The work, which is valued at $ 770,000, is expected to begin in the coming days. A gateway is already developed, but is not suitable to let the groomer or off-road vehicles, in addition to be near residences bordering the Rivière-aux-Sables. So it is with joy that Councillor Fabien Hovington announced last week, the construction of a new bridge. The structure should perhaps be made ​​of steel or aluminum, but nothing has been confirmed yet. "The old bridge will not be destroyed, however, it will be kept for pedestrians from one side to the other" , said Fabien Hovington. The new bridge will be built on it a few hundred meters from downtown Jonquière. The lands to be used belong to Hydro-Quebec, but the City of Saguenay should be complete acquisition by early September. "A small portion of the provincial trail will be moved to bypass an electric post, but it will not so complicated, "said the counselor. This is coming Work survey of rock were executed. It remains only to prepare the plans and specifications of the structure, a term which will be directed by the BPR in the coming weeks. Another tender will be launched in September to make the choice of contractor who has the task of building the bridge. A request for funding was sent to the Ministry of Transport of Quebec regarding the construction costs. Fabien Hovington believes that the work will delay a little winter, but he would like everything to be completed before the snowmobilers are run on trails.

Bridge_zps46de82d0.jpg

Nice!

I read that on the CMIQ as well.

Also read there that the Relay Chapel will probably not be open again this season.

Seems the new owner has nowhere for him and the staff to stay there nights. Evidently there was previously a provision in the old owners lease to utilize housing there somewhere but with the sale that is no longer included. The new owner is seeking permission to build a place for the staff to live in on the property, not sure how that will happen. They asked to use the Relay to sleep in at night but I guess that was denied.

Time will tell.

I agree, but both are of limited capacity and as an observer I would think more is better, because as soon as enough people turn away from an area both will loose and one or both may have an unexplained fire in the middle of the night... just as the owner is moving to Florida.... hmmmm.

GutZ

Gutz, I understand your point, but the last few years traffic in Mt Valin has seemed lower than it was 5 or 6 years ago, maybe the economy?I myself prefer the Chapel for a stop, but some of our members that are taking my hard earned Social Security money like the luxury of Relais 31

, real dishes, and soft seats. And I understand about the the closures due to fires, alot more in recent years..

Gutz, I understand your point, but the last few years traffic in Mt Valin has seemed lower than it was 5 or 6 years ago, maybe the economy?I myself prefer the Chapel for a stop, but some of our members that are taking my hard earned Social Security money like the luxury of Relais 31

, real dishes, and soft seats. And I understand about the the closures due to fires, alot more in recent years..

Steve

Might you be talking about me? lol Might want to add real forks, knives and spoons along with real coffee mugs, not plastic and styrofoam.

Bill

Not talking about anyone specific,[bill], but I know how you guys spend my hard earned taxes. Better spend it while you can, because next year its my turn. How you doin Bill, you going to NH grass drags, and will you have trail passes?

Not talking about anyone specific,[bill], but I know how you guys spend my hard earned taxes. Better spend it while you can, because next year its my turn. How you doin Bill, you going to NH grass drags, and will you have trail passes?

Hi Steve

I'm doing real good, thank you. I put $ in Social Security for 47 years so I am only taking my money out + some of yours. Glad to hear you are getting yours next year. Yes, I'll be at the Grass Drags with passes.

Bill