597 -Piston Alley

viper2

On the trail conditions page it says 597 is detoured from Murdochville toward Bailey Bridge. Has anyone ridden this trail yet this year? Just wondering how this trail is and does it change the mileage much? Should it be avoided? It says something about the Pellegrin road I am thinking maybe they are putting us on the ATV trail. Any help is appreciated

hi all !!

597 will plowed this season for logging activities ...thats why it has been re-routed...

business owners were mad at it ,so, they received 30 ,000 $$... to re-route 597...cleaning-brush cutting ..etc !!

jean-guy

GASPÉ - Snowmobilers will be one road 597 workaround solution in the area of Grande-Rivière and Chandler.
MP-Minister Gaëtan Lelièvre, in collaboration with the warden of the MRC du Rocher-Percé, Ms. Diane Lebouthillier, announced on December 20, the funding required to provide a bypass of route 597 snowmobilers in the area of Grande-Rivière and Chandler. MP-Minister grant the sum of $ 20,000, while the MRC/CLD will pay $ 10,000.
"I am proud mode solution engagement demonstrated by the various stakeholders in order to achieve work-arounds that can be quickly implemented. This solution will allow to the MRC du Rocher-Percé to be connected across the national snowmobile circuit,"said Mr. Lelièvre.
It should be remembered that forest road 597 was used as trail snowmobile during recent winters. However, forestry work will have courses from January 2014, making it impractical to a portion of 30 km of this road for snowmobiles

jean-guy

Thanks for the replies, just planning a trip in two weeks and can't hit every trail on the Gaspe but I was planning on doing the 597. Hopefully we get a trail report

Hi Viper2 ,

You should be all good to go, talked with the club today … it's just a D TOUR the trail is supposed to be sweet on a main road that's groomed . that's what they told me .. ? Hope this helps P.S. .. The detour will put you in Chandler.

Thanks for the recon. I was hoping it was something like that.Back in about '07 we left Perce the day after a snowstorm and headed up 597 on unbroken trail. Came to a Y that was not marked and we went left (the wrong way of course) we went about 6 or 8 miles before we came to a T and turned around. I did see some trail markers for a summer VTT trail and signs for Chandler so maybe this is part of the trail, it was a nice wide road.