Quebec province-wide GPS Trail Map for Garmin

rws

This is my upgraded map which has the trails color coded...trans-Quebec trails are blue/white border with square shaped floating trail numbers, regional trails are green/white border with rounded shaped floating trail numbers and local trails are magenta/white border. It took a lot of manual manipulation to produce this map so if you find any errors please let me know so I can correct them.

This map will display correctly ONLY on late model color Garmin units that support TYP. For non-color and older Garmin units use my other map. Be sure you have the latest version software for both your GPS and Mapsource...which can be downloaded from Garmin's website for FREE.

Download new map here...open zip file and read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file for installation/use instructions.

Quebec GPS Trail Map

Screenshot from a Garmin 276c showing how trails will appear.

QBGPSScreen.jpg

RWS............I had just downloaded your other map without numbers a couple days ago. How would I replace that one with this............I need the GPS for dummies procedure. I have a 60 cs.

If you want to remove the old map from Mapsource go to Control Panel...Add or Remove Programs and select Quebec Snowmobile Trails 2007 and delete it.

If you want to use the the new maps just install it into Mapsource and upload the new map to your GPS...any time you upload maps to your GPS it replaces the previous maps that were on the card....so noting this if you want to upload Topo maps and the trail map they must be uploaded together in one shot.

Nice collection of waypoints...since the trails are numbered on the new map I'd recommend deleting the waypoints that refer to the trail numbers to reduce screen clutter.

Yes, they have to be cleaned up some. There are some duplicates of stops (gas,food,lodging) also, because they were not all mine. It will give S pump something to do. :D

RWS,

Since I am not one to follow directions I installed the color one on my GPS V monochrome anyway. It seems to work fine. The trail numbers show up on screen and they ID when I put the cursor on them. This is just what I have been looking for. The TQ trails show up like interstates and the greens show up as secondary roads.

I will let you know if it works on the trail. I used the other version this past weekend and it was great.