GREAT DEMO RIDE ON 2016 SLEDS - NOT!

MFARJM

My friend and I drove 3 1/2 hours to Old Forge, NY. to "TEST RIDE A 2016 SLED" only to find out there were absolutely no 2016 sleds available to ride, only to look and sit on! Not one 2016 among all 4 sled makers.

WHAT"S UP WITH THIS?

If I'm going to invest $11-13000 or more with a snow check, I sure as hell would like to try it out. Would you buy a new car or truck based on how it looked and how the seats felt?

Jeff

The identical scenario involving DOO occurred at last weeks Swift Diamond Rider Sno-Deo held at Coleman State Park in NH.

SKI-DOO had no '16's in the demo fleet. In part, for that reason I chose not to purchase a 2016 sled, saving me a bundle of $$$$. DOO's loss, my gain as I had every intent on purchasing a new sled this year. Ill stick with what I already have ..... 2 - 13 ACE Renegades, 1 x14 GSX SE & 1 x 15 GSX SE.

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

I agree Jeff totally ridiculous considering snowmobiles have become more expensive than cars!!!

1. Nissan Versa Sedan: $10,990

And the cheapest car for sale in America is… the Nissan Versa Sedan. Priced at $10,990 it’s $1,300 less than the old Rio and roughly $1,500 less than the stripped down 2012 Hyundai Accent. But make no mistake, this model isn’t glamorous. Rather than style and fancy options, the Versa instead offers a spacious cabin and solid fuel economy with a 109-hp 1.6-liter engine. With a solid 30/38-mpg that’s only for the CVT models which start at $12,760. The stripped-down 5-speed manual achieves 27/36-mpg. Thankfully the Versa hatchback isn’t as content-poor as the previous generation car and base models do come equipped with an AM/FM radio with a CD player and an auxiliary plug. Plus, you even get air conditioning.

Or if you’re feeling rich, there’s the Versa hatchback. It may have the same name, but riding on an entirely different platform and with a different 122-hp 1.8L engine costs significantly more. In fact, at $14,380 it ranks as the 12th cheapest car your hard-earned dollars will get you

2012VERSA_1004.jpg

There excuse was that the 2016 sleds had just arrived at the show that morning. They all had sleds for demo riding but they were used 2014 and 2015's. The new sleds on the floor were not labeled prototype.