April 12 ride

doo4adoo

Well I wasn't going to let a few days of pouring rain discourage me about one more ride. I knew there was still snow up north. Trailered up to St Ann du Lac, just above Mt Laurier as it the closest area for me. Lady at the diner though we were nuts when we checked in. Sunday morning breakfast crowd was more warming to our plans.

We decided to stay off the lake and trailer straight to the trail. There was snow! Rode the 13 to Notawissi and they served us a refreshing beverage for a sunny day and we topped up the gas. Trails were a bit thin and some run offs starting and more icy creating a bit of over heat. Once the sun warmed up about 10;30 it was all good. Rode from their to the fer a cheval. Went in for gas and water. That's all they would sell. Trails were 9/10. It was like they were groomed just before closing. We were pumped. Not a soul any where to be found. The trails were ours. We couldn't have scripted a better last run. I'm sure even with the sunny days this week you could ride but most of the establishments are closed and no one will be around.

A few shots of our day. It will be a long summer. Hope every one has a great summer. Mike

post-393-0-44931600-1428974537.jpg

post-393-0-34887500-1428974550.jpg

post-393-0-63433200-1428974562.jpg

post-393-0-04778300-1428974577.jpg

post-393-0-34646000-1428974594.jpg

hi doo4adoo !!!

reminds me back in the 80's and early 90's when we were going up faribault camp on trail 595 and mount logan at this time of the year !!!

great way to end season !!!

jean-guy

o up to mount Logan that would be a Treat.. what no party at faribault camp ?

hi grumpy !!!

always special to go on top of mount logan !!!!

last time i went there...april 22 th or 28 th...00.....there was enough snow to leave from town...but we had left from mile 28 on logging road to save gas for sleds !!!

i think the last time faribault camp has been open...must be 98 or 99 max.......in 00 ,it was closed !!

jean-guy