Lets all be careful out there this season.........

markusvt

Real sad to hear, my heart goes out to the family.

I was the guy called Rick back in 2002 when a friend went over a steep embankment like Mike but on an atv, Eugene was pronounced dead on the scene, he had a young family too.

We all still think of him 13 yrs later.

Ride safe, this year will be a mixed bag pending on the regions.

RIP Mike

It is easy to forget that the environment we ride in is constantly changing. If you travel a trail before lunch, it can be very different after lunch. Temperatures, snow conditions, trees, grooming equipment, and wildlife on the trail can all surprise us.

When my kids took the VAST safety course many years ago, a phrase has always stuck with me: "Expect the unexpected - ALWAYS" I think it is good advice.

That's a real heartbreak. Thanks for sharing the solid reminder.

True dat in the YouTube comment: "This story and its underlying message is an important one and really can apply to anything in life. It's not restricted to only snowmobiling. It holds true for driving, riding your motorcycle, flying a plane. Being responsible carries its weight in gold when you have loved ones waiting for you at home.”

One of the many Yoda'esque New England Bob'isms: "There are old Snowmobilers, and there are bold Snowmobilers, but there are no old bold Snowmobilers"