Joliette/RéservoirGouin/Rouyn-Noranda/Ville-Marie 28feb-5march2016 photo-report

towing

Indeed very nice pics Alain

Always nice meeting QR's on the trail and very special meeting them twice in your situation, very special.

Sorry to hear about Steff, I suppose it was just a 24 hr stomach flew.

Will you be looking to do a season ender soon or was that it for you two?

This trip was one of the greatest ones I have ever had in 17 years of riding Quebec. The weather, trails and company was second to none !!!!

So hard to believe we came home just a week ago and the weather has turned so much. We usually go to the Abitibi in the 2nd or 3rd week of March with no problems. This year as everyone knows has been very challenging.

Myself, Easyrdier and a friend chose Mt Laurier as the start on Monday 2/29. Onward to Clova, Amos, Matagami and Leverendrye . These were THE chosen spots. 1125 mi. of pure premium Quebec !!!

I cant stress how GREAT it was meeting "Towing & KriKri" at Balbuzard after years of reading reports and seeing pictures. Just as I figured......they are two of THE greatest people you will ever meet.

Riding and hanging out with them was just "over the top" fabulous !!!

It's not often you get to ride and hang out with true snowmobile legends !!!!!!!

We spent Wednesday celebrating my 50th with a run up to Matagami and back for lunch from the Amosphere. (250 mi.) Last time we were on the 396 was 3 years ago. My sled blew up halfway and caused some serious trip issues. This was THE redemption run and it went perfect !!! Hats off to the Matagami Clubhouse for having firewood and fire starters all ready. God I love that shack !!!

"Viva Quebec"....we WILL see you again next year !!!

Here are some pics starting off in Laurier on monday 2/29

post-18-0-09858100-1457831991_thumb.jpg

Here Easyrider pulls into an intersection near Parent

post-18-0-78440300-1457832191_thumb.jpg

Easyrider says "Hello Abitibi"....

post-18-0-14035500-1457832397_thumb.jpg

The burnt section IS coming back....albeit....slowly...

post-18-0-15588400-1457832573_thumb.jpg

Here at Amosphere celebrating the morning of my 50th with the Legend himself. That Yamaha is comfortable !!

post-18-0-50354300-1457833167_thumb.jpg

Easyrider (left) and Greg from NY (right) with Towing at the Amosphere 3/2/2016

post-18-0-85920400-1457833358_thumb.jpg

Here enjoying a nice trailside fire by a little indian village 10 mi. north of Amos. After a splendid 250 mi. birthday run to Matagami, Greg and I tried their tubing hill....IT WAS AWESOME....then back to Amosphere for a nice steak/shrimp dinner.

post-18-0-17441800-1457833731_thumb.jpg

Lumber mill in Valdor on 3/3/2016

post-18-0-44720300-1457833927_thumb.jpg

In the park south of Kitsisakik on 3/3/2016

post-18-0-57725200-1457834401_thumb.jpg

Here.... where moments of time and space collide......arriving at this intersection AT THE EXACT SAME TIME to see Towing & KriKri pulling up was one of UNBELIEVABLE TIMING I have EVER had !!!

post-18-0-40125100-1457834755_thumb.jpg

Here at Grand Remous on 3/4/2016 ????

post-18-0-67631200-1457834885_thumb.jpg

And here on 3/4/2016 ....back where we started 4 3/4 days ago.......SUCCESS !!!!!!!!

post-18-0-45803400-1457835062_thumb.jpg

Congrats! On the ride, and on joining the 50+ club! Now you might start to do what I do, when entering a club-house or relais look around and make sure there are dudes way older than you. So far so good. HBD!

Looks like you had a blast! Great report thanks for sharing always enjoy reading your posts

You are welcome F8SP! Yes, was a really nice trip!

Thanks for taking the time to do your reports Alain, they are a huge amount of work but very appreciated by those of us cyber sledding along with you!

Great BIG report and pictures ! Congratulations on your new personal record too ! !

I try to keep it brief but it's not my usual way to to it... thanks dooright!

Nice trip guys, you really went for it!

Thank you markusvt

Nice trip Alain, we were in Mont Laurier last week and saw the dog wash on the way to the Quality Inn, made me smile.

Thanks 800steve! I had never saw this before there in Mt-Laurier... probably useful! would be curious to know if it do good business with that?

Ditto! Always a pleasure to ride with you on the web! And especially good therapy to refer to during the other seasons!

Good! hoping that we can still enjoy this season a bit before going into the others...

Love reading your reports Alain. Nice ride there. Some nice trail out there. Good Job.

Thanks Iceman!

Beautiful trip & reporting Alain & KriKri. Looks like you had quite the adventure taking in everything that a saddlebag trip offers. Thanks for sharing your experience in such detail.

You are welcome Florida Snowman! no mileage record for us but you inspired us a bit on our last one this last saturday!

Great report and pictures. Very much appreciated.

Thanks Doonali

Indeed very nice pics Alain

Always nice meeting QR's on the trail and very special meeting them twice in your situation, very special.

Sorry to hear about Steff, I suppose it was just a 24 hr stomach flew.

Will you be looking to do a season ender soon or was that it for you two?

It seems to be just a 24hrs stomac flew for snowcruiser, he recover after but it gave him some more tiredness and drained his energy which make the rest of the trip harder

We did one ride this last weekend and are hoping to do a other next one...

Here at Amosphere celebrating the morning of my 50th with the Legend himself. That Yamaha is comfortable !!

attachicon.gifDSCN0508.JPG

Easyrider (left) and Greg from NY (right) with Towing at the Amosphere 3/2/2016

attachicon.gifDSCN0511.JPG

Here enjoying a nice trailside fire by a little indian village 10 mi. north of Amos. After a splendid 250 mi. birthday run to Matagami, Greg and I tried their tubing hill....IT WAS AWESOME....then back to Amosphere for a nice steak/shrimp dinner.

attachicon.gifDSCN0543.JPG

Lumber mill in Valdor on 3/3/2016

attachicon.gifDSCN0552.JPG

Haha snowmaster! We are no way near the "legend" title but have really enjoyed to meet you and your team on this trip. You arrived with your good humor and enthusiasm in our trip as a sun ray and we are really glad to had the chance to share a part of our ride with you gang. Meeting you again in the Verendrye park was like a god sign... our paths were predestinated to cross together I bet!

Thanks for the pictures too!!!

Your new friend Alain

PS: Check your PM I sent you a message!