St Raymond - Roberval - Saguenay loop?

Ontariokid95

Hi everyone, thinking of trailering to St Raymond from Ottawa next week and doing a 3 day loop from there up to Roberval and Saguenay. What are the trail conditions for these trails? Also is there any hotels in or near St Raymond that I could stay at if I trailer up Monday night and start riding Tuesday. Also where to park truck and trailer for 3 days in St Raymond? Thanks 

When you come up from St Raymond, you will be on the south side of Lac St Jean to get to Roberval.  I might take the north side just so you don't ride the same trail twice.  The yellow trails out of St Felicien over to 367 to Peribonka are usually a nice ride.  Then follow 93 to St Ambroise and 367 / 383 and cross in Shipshaw to Saguenay.

Relais Vauvert near Peribonka is a nice lunch stop.  It overlooks Lac St Jean.  There are plenty of gas stops.

Roberval to Saguenay is not a huge day.  You will have plenty of time and pick your route as you go.  After St Monique, if 93 isn't good, take 367 / 328 thru Labrecque and Begin.  I would stay on the north side of the Saguenay River instead of getting lost around Alma.  There is a river crossing after St Felicien and another at Dolbeau.  I haven't heard or read if these are passable yet.

Happy trails.

Jack & Sandi