IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP FOR EVERYONE!

Shane

I recently learned of a feature on the iPhone that all iPhone users should take advantage of, ESPECIALLY if you have a pre-existing condition of ANY TYPE!  It's FREE!  We have found it very useful in the volunteer fire/rescue service.

The app is already on your iPhone and it costs NOTHING!  It is one of the icons on one of your home screens right from Apple.  The icon is called Health and is a white square with a red heart in it.  Click on it and find the app you want to complete called MEDICAL ID.  If you open the app and fill it out with all of your information it could save your life.  The app can be opened EVEN IF THE PHONE IS LOCKED!  When you click your phone's home button and it brings up the pad for you to enter your password, you will notice on the bottom left the word EMERGENCY.  Touch that and it brings up the dial pad to call 911, once you have filled out the MEDICAL ID information it will show as *Medical ID on the bottom left of your screen.  First responders or friends can touch where it says *Medical ID and all of the information you entered comes up.  I have found that sometimes opening it once all of your information will not appear, simply touch DONE in the top right and re-open and everything is there.  First responders are now becoming aware of this app and your riding partners should know about it as well.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will try and help anyway I can.  Have a GREAT RIDE!

personally I use dog tags for information from contact Info to medical records in the cloud. Each person is different but familiar methods work for me . most times a phone gets lost broken or over looked by first responders. Tags are universal.

My.total method used daily

1. Like mentioned tags lists main issues from  ( not ashamed to admit ) p.t.s.d to epilepsy.  And a direct link to all medical issues and doctors. Your physician can help you with that. For tags Go to.          (my dog tags.com)

2. In my wallet is a list of meds.

3. In my pocket is one days worth of pills. The container is easily bought at any drug store.

4. Any individual that is on a long trip is aware of this info. Some are uncomfortable at first but those who know me are bothered.

Edited by rmk
More Info

Thanks Shane & RMK!  For your iPhone & dog tag posts, and for your volunteer & military service!

We had quite the afternoon into evening many moons ago when my brother-in-law's epilepsy meds went missing from an unzipped pocket. Replacing his phenabarb while keeping calm was that day's adventure, and today's funny story. So now we talk out each rider's needs, and split redundant supplies to stay ahead of Murphy.