Safe Lodging in Latuque or Roberval Area

Renegade600HO

Looking for a good starting point for a week of riding in this area. Need safe parking and decent lodging. Any response would be helpful.l

There is no secure parking in either of those 2 towns, your better off starting off farther South, We usually start out at Auberge Mekinack at the bottom of the 355, about 60 miles South of La Tuque, Secure Parking, bar restaurant, and the qwner Richard speaks good english :drinks:

Looking for a good starting point for a week of riding in this area. Need safe parking and decent lodging. Any response would be helpful.l

Chateau Roberval

How about Chateau Roberval? Nice place to leave from. I've never heard of problems here. Nice pool, food, secure fence for sleds. Latuq may not be so easy. Where are you driving from?

I would also recommend Chateau Roberval. Stayed there many times, always nice, good package, reasonably secure tent parking for you sleds, bring your suits for the pool and hot tub

1-800-661-7611

PS: Bernards to Roberval would not be 270 miles via the 355 thru Lac Edward to Lac Brochette. Depending on your range, you should buzz into Latuque for a fill up, then back track to the 355 jct. That way you will be sure to make it to Lac Edward without issue.

I would also recommend Chateau Roberval. Stayed there many times, always nice, good package, reasonably secure tent parking for you sleds, bring your suits for the pool and hot tub1-800-661-7611PS: Bernards to Roberval would not be 270 miles via the 355 thru Lac Edward to Lac Brochette. Depending on your range, you should buzz into Latuque for a fill up, then back track to the 355 jct. That way you will be sure to make it to Lac Edward without issue.
I would also recommend Chateau Roberval. Stayed there many times, always nice, good package, reasonably secure tent parking for you sleds, bring your suits for the pool and hot tub1-800-661-7611PS: Bernards to Roberval would not be 270 miles via the 355 thru Lac Edward to Lac Brochette. Depending on your range, you should buzz into Latuque for a fill up, then back track to the 355 jct. That way you will be sure to make it to Lac Edward without issue.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought that you were talking about starting from Shawinigan by sled which would be about 220ish to Roberval via trail 355. If you are just looking to drive closer to the Lac St Jean for a starting point that would be different answer. Please advise.

How far is it that way?? Really do not want to spend 2 days riding to Shawinigan and back.

Auberge mekinack does let you keep your trucks there while saddlebagging and doesn't charge to keep them there, also has breakdown service. We just rode down from Chateau Roberval 2 weeks ago it was about 200 miles to mekinack :drinks:

The drive to Roberval or Jonquiere is about the same. Plus IMO, Route 155 is a nasty road and snow conditions are typically greater on the Saguenay side of LSJ. I'm with Bill, if you want to get to it and have access to the best trails and sites nearest lac St Jean, Saguenay and Monts Valin, make the drive and base out of the HI. No need to return there each night as there are plenty of overnight destinations for bigger picturesque loops without needing to repeat the same routes. Have a blast.