Info on Relais La Cache

Greg du Vermont

Starting a Gaspe loop begining march 1 and I'm looking for a few details on this place. I'm sure it's probably a wonderful place. I just want to be sure that i'm not headed for a dog house with a caribou skin bed and gas by the bucket. Food? showers? Any info or experiences would be appreciated.

On trail 595 cutting through the middle of the Gaspesie. They have rooms & baths, food & gas (and no caribou bed) I'll try and post 2 pics. The food is trail food burgers, dogs, chicken, fries etc. I usually bed down in New Richmond, St Ann des Montes or Matane depending on which direction I'm traveling.

La Cache is more of a gas stop for me.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/DeGr...itosPics029.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/DeGr...itosPics030.jpg

Starting a Gaspe loop begining march 1 and I'm looking for a few details on this place. I'm sure it's probably a wonderful place. I just want to be sure that i'm not headed for a dog house with a caribou skin bed and gas by the bucket. Food? showers? Any info or experiences would be appreciated.

I'm also heading to the Gaspie for the first time Feb 27, I did a search and Relais la cache got responses from people like, chicken coop, smells, stop for fuel only, so I personally wouldn't stay there myself. :drinks:

i've eaten there quite a few times, food wasn't that bad. had some of the best smoked salmon that i ever tasted. pretty hospitable poeple. i don't think i would sleep there unless it was an emergency.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. Thanks for the feedback. Either some of you are delicate (which I doubt) or this place is a little on the ugly side.

Jackstraw,

May cross your path. Leaving Bernieres march 1 and going clockwise, RDL, St Annes des Monts, (at this point in time) Gaspe, La Cache, Trois Pistoles and back to Bernieres. Group of 3 with 07 black Yamadoo RTX, 06 black 800X and an 08 XP which could be orange or multi color after an ongoing repair.

As always, be safe.

I have eaten there on several occasions and never had any complaints about the food. I also walked over and looked in the rooms one day thinking it would be a excellent place to stage out of for late spring riding. The rooms were decent sized, with showers, and very clean. It is not fancy by any means but I would not hesitate staying there. The new management is very friendly (bilingueal) and I am sure if you stayed he would do everything in his power to accomadate you.

My $0.02 worth

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. Thanks for the feedback. Either some of you are delicate (which I doubt) or this place is a little on the ugly side.

Jackstraw,

May cross your path. Leaving Bernieres march 1 and going clockwise, RDL, St Annes des Monts, (at this point in time) Gaspe, La Cache, Trois Pistoles and back to Bernieres. Group of 3 with 07 black Yamadoo RTX, 06 black 800X and an 08 XP which could be orange or multi color after an ongoing repair.

As always, be safe.

Greg, we''ll be leaving matane on the 28th heading to Murdochville, than to Perce, Mont St pierre and back to matane! There will be 6 ofus all on Doos, a mach Z, 600 renegade 2 GSX's and a 800 rev we'll keep an I out! Definatly can't wait as this is the first time in the Gaspie! :drinks:

smlelan..........Thanks for the input, That gives me a little better feeling. I'm sure that it will be fine, plus it is in the right place for the route that we want to take. :yahoo:

Jackstraw.....according to our routes and depending on what time you plan on arriving back to Matane, we may cross paths or fly by each other on the trail just before you reach Matane on Sunday. Have a great trip. :drinks:

We stayed at the La Cache three years ago. Not much fancier than a chicken coup but we did have a real nice stay. Met some nice people, had some good food, which made the stay nice. The guy and his wife running the place were real nice. Room was very warm and the toilet flushed.....What more can you ask for?

They completed a brand new facility maybe 5 years ago but made one little mistake. Don't store your Helicopter fuel on the porch.. Poof!!! all was lost to fire before it even opened....

i would not plan on staying in LaCache if you don't have to.it would be great in an emergency but that is it.it is not far from there to New Richmond and alot better choices there.If you must stay there DEFINITELY CALL AHEAD.we were going to stay there a few years ago and even had someone from the clubhouse in NR call but they were full.it was a little early to stop for the day so we pushed on,when we got to LaCache sure enough they were full.(luckily) so we moved on and stayed in Matane.We had to ride in the dark but we did see quite a few moose. good luck