Leaving Tuesday

wng-2

Hope to cross into Quebec from Maine by sled Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. Planning on doing the Penninsula counterclockwise. How's it looking? Just retired, traveling with another retired guy, don't need to get back in a hurry. Might cross the river at Matane, and ride the North shore/ Saguenay. Is the ferry running per the website schedule? Thanks very much.

19 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Or ride up to amqui and take the trail into NB

Yes, that's an option. More direct into Maine via Cambelton though. Not sure when to this storm will quit.

26 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

At the motel there they called a shuttle for us 

picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel on the other side

Great, I will check in the morning. Thanks very much!

Pictures

11 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Or ride up to amqui and take the trail into NB

Yes, that's an option. More direct into Maine via Cambelton though. Not sure when to this storm will quit.

11 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

At the motel there they called a shuttle for us 

picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel on the other side

Great, I will check in the morning. Thanks very much!

Pictures

Thanks very much.  I'm not sure how far we will get on the trails today...🙄

20190225_051925.jpg

BTY a big kudos to the skidoo dealer down from the hotel. We had a frozen clutch on one sled. After several galant attempts, not wanting to destroy a belt, I gave them a call. They were down here within 15 minutes with a tracked quad runner and towed it back to their shop to warm it up. They called a couple hrs later said it was warm, they rode it and everything was ok. We went down to pick it up and they said N/C. It would be hard to find service like that, at least where we're from.  Thank you

We followed the hotel guy on the road in his car out of Cambelton this morning to the main trail. Had to push his car once. Trails are a horror show. Drifts are bad. We got as far as Saint Quentin. Had enough. Hoping they will groom soon. This is getting old.

Wednesday was no better in St Quentin. Ended up hiring a guy to bring us the 60 KM to the Van Buran, Maine border. The 104 miles to the truck were not too bad. A few heavily drifted areas. Overall great trip. Love riding in Quebec. Picture Link

Edited by wng-2