Cnc

Tremblant- St Faustin by pass

They started clearing brush this week on the new by pass from Tremblant to St Faustin that will reconnect Tremblant to St Agathe. It runs along side of the 117.

9D91CDD1-D78D-4CD8-A86A-0D530044D5E8.jpeg

6EEB8085-29A8-4A8C-82C8-9174F416A8EF.jpeg

534C477E-E2E0-45FB-96F4-CA18E5E4B066.jpeg

I passed by tuesday and the hydro axe was down, the operator had eaten a good 20' section of pig wire fencing by the looks of it... the mobile mechanic was there working on it... i wonder how they are going to pass the rock cap on the north east side of the cote morrison... its pretty tight along the guard rail and the cap, dont think the groomer will pass...

I have no idea how they will do that, I know that the original plan required at least one bridge type structure along the route, I want to see where they end up.                            

Shortly after they closed that section of the Petite Train de Nord, we ran up the 117 median a few times, talk about some tight places past blasted rock in there.

i was there when they closed the trail, we protested by closing the north bound 117 for half a day... about a 100  vehicles turned out for that.....

we did a slow drive of the entire trajectory of the new trail today, the hydro-axe work is almost finished, there is a considerable amount of excavation and modification the needs to be done in several places, but all in all the trail is right along the north-east side of the #117 highway... the groomer will actually fit quite well between the "wall" of stone on the upper portion of the morrison hill....👍

another.... opps, reached my limit...LOL... i have boat-loads of pictures, the trajectory is all within 200 feet of the highway more or less, and id say the excavation work is approx. 60% finished....😃👍

2 hours ago, 800steve said:

Great to see, we use to ride in the St Agathe area alot before the rail trail was shut down.

Going to be hard for snowmobile haters to shut this part down, the noise from the traffic on the 117 hwy far exceeds the noise of today’s sleds. 

THANKS for info .. it will be good when done ..  trails are closing every where .  we had some re routes this year and even had to move our Warm up hut / relais do to trail closure.. No help at all from fcmq.  infact they were the cause of a lot of problems in our area.. Not at all sure of the direction of FCMQ.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, 800steve said:

Great to see, we use to ride in the St Agathe area alot before the rail trail was shut down.

yeah, me too, the last season before the trail closed, i had 3500km on the odometer...LOL

On 8/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, Cnc said:

Going to be hard for snowmobile haters to shut this part down, the noise from the traffic on the 117 hwy far exceeds the noise of today’s sleds. 

Especially since most is within the boundaries of the highway itself, so its government owned....

On 8/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, grumpysanta said:

THANKS for info .. it will be good when done ..  trails are closing every where .  we had some re routes this year and even had to move our Warm up hut / relais do to trail closure.. No help at all from fcmq.  infact they were the cause of a lot of problems in our area.. Not at all sure of the direction of FCMQ.

we have an old "cabane-du-carton"  here in Lac Superieur where 4 trails used to meet up,(club here closed way back in 1980) dont know if its even standing anymore, i have not been up there in the bush for 6-7 years, i have a trouble maker neighbor that calls the Po-Po if i even start a sled....LOL

Huge work is being under-taken at the bottom of the Morrison hill, about a kilometer past my last picture, they are actually putting an entire stream under ground for approx. 500 feet, and to our count, they have already prepared for a minimum of three bridges so far, and one almost finished... So not just a bit of trimming, this turned out to be a quite expensive venture...LOL... if we had to guess, its up to $1,000,000 and counting.....J&J

It will be nice to get this reconnected.  I haven’t been through Saint Agathe or even Saint Donat in over 10 years.  

We had a couple jobs in St. Jovite today, so we took some pictures of the intensity of the work, but i have reached my picture limit...LOL...