Sign in to follow this  
EastMark

Saguenay question

Recommended Posts

Do any decent hotels in town there have both decent food and a lock up pen ?

If we can get a dog sitter....we may drive up tomorrow and do a little early season loop...across the river there.

Sure wish we had more snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark,

If you are asking for a lock up for the truck, the Delta is the only one I know of.  This may not be complete because part of the lock up requires a mountain of snow.

If the lock up is for sleds, then the Delta and the Sagueneenne both do.  The Delta uses the pool area and the Sag has two "tents" with locked doors.  At the Sag, if you get a first floor room towards the parking lot, you can park your sleds right in front of your room.  Similar to the Universal in RDL.

Delta has a Boston Pizza Restaurant for food and the Sag has a full restaurant.

Both have gas stations nearby and grocery stores.  The Delta is on trail 83.  The Sag is on a spur about 1 km or so from 83 that winds around behind the stores in town.  Not bad after you have rode it the first time.

We will arrive at the Sag late on Dec 27th and will leave Jan 3rd.

Jack & Sandi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark,

If you are riding on Christmas Day, remember that many places will be closed, i.e. gas stations, relais, restaurants, etc.  In town you should be OK but when you get out in the bush, plan your stops or have the hotel call ahead.

Jack & Sandi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 8:46 AM, revct1 said:

Hi Mark,

If you are asking for a lock up for the truck, the Delta is the only one I know of.  This may not be complete because part of the lock up requires a mountain of snow.

If the lock up is for sleds, then the Delta and the Sagueneenne both do.  The Delta uses the pool area and the Sag has two "tents" with locked doors.  At the Sag, if you get a first floor room towards the parking lot, you can park your sleds right in front of your room.  Similar to the Universal in RDL.

Delta has a Boston Pizza Restaurant for food and the Sag has a full restaurant.

Both have gas stations nearby and grocery stores.  The Delta is on trail 83.  The Sag is on a spur about 1 km or so from 83 that winds around behind the stores in town.  Not bad after you have rode it the first time.

We will arrive at the Sag late on Dec 27th and will leave Jan 3rd.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack!  Blake, myself and and my friend Jerry head up to the Delta on the 26th till the 4th.  Hope to see you!  Merry Christmas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of snow half way from Quebec City to Sag. Less here in town. Better outside town Im sure. Staying at the Sag.

The desk said the trail out the back lot is closed due to not enough snow. She said everyone is trailering to Mt Valin. Im all about skipping the in town experience if its thin and suspect it is.

Any tip on the drop spot at Mt Valin ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Any tip on the drop spot at Mt Valin ?

Go all the way right to the best snow right now, probably gonna be very busy up there this week. Be prepared.

Station de Ski Valinouet

https://www.google.com/maps/place//data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cea96ab87c72cfd:0xb27d66bc5559d178!11m1!4b1?lucs=luc&entry=s&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjUyvuf0s_mAhUBJt8KHVPiA3EQ4kAwCHoECAkQLw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I love this site.

Sag dining room closed at 7. Got there at 615 but she didnt tell us or we would have eaten right off.  🙃 Every place closed early with Christmas Eve....except....after giving up hope and buying a few gas station sandwiches ...heading back to the room...is it lights and cars?....it was Boefish....which was amazing.

Lucky find ! Great Filet. Great staff.

 

Good start. 👍L Look forward to tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iceman said:

Go all the way right to the best snow right now, probably gonna be very busy up there this week. Be prepared.

 Station de Ski Valinouet

Find Proprietor Vince anywhere between Passion Quebec and the gaz depaneur. Mention your with Team Iceman for a free ear-to-ear grin!

 

IMG_20191225_070040.thumb.png.6e8de1bfb4ad01bf23e74eb42042c8fd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastMark said:

This is why I love this site.

Sag dining room closed at 7. Got there at 615 but she didnt tell us or we would have eaten right off.  🙃 Every place closed early with Christmas Eve....except....after giving up hope and buying a few gas station sandwiches ...heading back to the room...is it lights and cars?....it was Boefish....which was amazing.

Lucky find ! Great Filet. Great staff.

 

Good start. 👍L Look forward to tomorrow.

Sounds like the start of a great adventure!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

We have parked and ridden out of the Skidoo Dealer on the way to Valin, it "was" Vilenue I believe. Trail goes right out the back toward Valin, pops out at the Airport.

Later

GutZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for EastMark's report. He and wife Lisa always manage to have the best time when they go to Quebec and do a great job finding their way around the trails and best places to pop in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Forgot my boots at the hotel...40 min from the liftoff site. Everybodys freind Vincent sold me a pair of returned Sorel boots for $60 Canadian. Saved my ass. Good guy. Met a super nice couple from Ontario who were heading the same way and rode with them. Great day. Detail to follow shortly.

All in all. . Nice !

Edited by EastMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many spots around the Valin area.you'ld swear it was mid season.... occasionally theres spots with a few scattered whip its or a couple small rocks....but other than 475 trail on the way back from Relay Onatchiway trails were mainly flat and fast. Until its groomed...stay off 475.

93, 32, most all of  267,477....fast. Thin but covered in a few spots...but mostly just great fun.

Great advice given to us to drive out to Valin rather than ride out. Much different out there..Vince is cool. Woulda paid stupid $ to not have to drive back to the hotel in Sag...and he was solid with me.

Looking at the groom map in the morning and loop somewhere tomorrow. So good to be out there ! 😁😀

IMG_20191225_124352.jpg

IMG_20191225_123157.jpg

IMG_20191225_104828.jpg

Edited by EastMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Everybodys freind Vincent sold me a pair of returned Sorel boots for $60 Canadian. Saved my ass. Good guy.

Vince is the man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a 221 mile eastern loop today most of the way to the St Lawrence via the most northern loop past Lac Trembley. Id skip the upper larger northern loop til it is groomed...mostly awesome bit hit about 10-15 miles of straight crap at the northernmost part of the loop up near the 2 lakes...but mostly great with many just perfect on either end of the loop. There was also some noise in the inside corners on 93 for 10-15 miles closest to Passion going out and back but groomers were out. We passed only about 8 sleds Wed and about 30 yesterday....quiet....but this parking lot was full when we got back to the Sag tonite about midnite.

My speed sensor fell off my chain case so I was doing 261 mph even when parked Wednesday and on the trails...with a side effect of no reverse. Didn't hurt the ride. Just needed to be put back with a dab of adhesive. Fixed that Thursday AM with the guys next to Passion helping me with a T25 torx bit and dab of ultra bond I was lacking. Real nice guys. So we were ready now...only to have Lisa’s sled not start. Messed with that...fuel relay...easy enough...and off we went. We rode with the same couple we met at Vincents Wed AM again. Great fun to ride with. As crazy about riding as we are so it worked out great.

So really great trip. Impressed with the beauty of the mountains and the trails. Signage was terrible in many spots but there may be more to be set with it being early season. Many trails had 1 or none signs stating the trail #. Had a few bottles of eine with our riding freinds at the Ski lodge to celebrate some great riding when we got back. We will definitely be back to this area ! We loved it. Very light snow now...drive back will be a drag...but so glad we came. You guys will have a ball this weekend !

ps. 475 trail I said stay off of shows groomed now ! This area wi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this