doubler

What communicators are people using?

Wondering what communicators people are using? Please include manufacturer and model because as I’ve seen with Sena and Uclear there are many different models. Also could you include what helmet it’s on? I’m looking for new communicators for the oxygen helmet. Wife hasn’t been riding since mid 2000’s but is going to go this year. Back then we had Collett and they worked decent. Biggest complaints back then were sometimes my jacket collar would hit the speaker tube and activate the mic and getting the mic at the right location, I remember sometimes having to take my hand and push my helmet up in the front in order to talk.

Running the Scala Q3.  They are obsolete now (replaced by something better I'm sure).  They have been a good unit.  Mounting in the Oxygen was a challenge, but I got it done.  Just got the helmet so no ride time in with them yet.  They worked great in our old helmets.

21 minutes ago, No Hair said:

We have the last years uclear and the oxygen helmets. Both are awesome install was easy. Hardest thing was sinking them together. But once that was done they worked great.

So is that the motion 6? If I understand what I was reading/seeing with the Uclear, the microphone is up near your cheekbones correct? Meaning no microphone on a boom out in front of your mouth?

I have the Uclear Amp Pro from last year.  They worked great in the BV2S.  Helmet to helmet you needed to speak up due to the breath box.  I just moved them to our new Oxygen helmets last night and tested.  They worked even better due to no breath box.  I stitched the microphones in on the cheek pads.  Some put them in on the brow.  I also removed the ear muffs  and stuck the speakers on the existing Velcro where the ear muffs were.  Uclear has two new models that replace the Amp Pro,  Motion 6 for up to 6 communicators, and Motion Infinity for I guess an infinite number.  As far as mounting, they look like it’s pretty much the same as the Amp Pro.

I have the older Uclear 200's and the Uclear Amp pro. Work very good, no mics to freeze. I have tried many brands and now wouldnt buy anything but Uclear.

We (five) of us bought Cardo with new helmets. we put sometime into this, and we think we made the best choice, the unit is waterproof (not the mike), JBL speakers, can download music, radio, phone, voice activation. Four of us  heading north to St. Michel, two of the guys have new Ski-doos to shake down, weather permitting let you know the quirks with them.

We have the Scala/Cardo Pack Talk for about 4 years. They work great use them on the sleds, the scooters and the bikes. When it is very cold the batteries dont last all day but we usually charge them up at the lunch stops and they are pretty good then. We have our 2 on older Snoforce modular helmets but others in our group had them on the Oxygen last year

I have used “COLLETT” brand for about 12 years now. Unfortunately the owner recently passed and family is shutting the doors. They are very good units, and would love to see someone step up and keep it going. Not sure what to replace them with, have about 8-10 people who use them.

Snappy Hank

6 minutes ago, Snappy Hank said:

I have used “COLLETT” brand for about 12 years now. Unfortunately the owner recently passed and family is shutting the doors. They are very good units, and would love to see someone step up and keep it going. Not sure what to replace them with, have about 8-10 people who use them.

Snappy Hank

We just went with the Uclears last year and they do unlimited users, depending on the model.

GutZ