GPS maps for QC

Je me souviens

Merry X-mas everyone, Santa left a GPS under the tree for me, now I just need to figure out how to upload the Quebec trail maps to it. There is a topic pinned at the top of the general discussion page, however some of the links are expired. Would someone please point me in the direction of where I can find this years updated trail maps for Qc, the handheld device I am using is a Garmin 60csx, thanks for the help. Although signs like the one below are helpful. Sometimes you need a little more info than that...

Merry X-mas everyone, Santa left a GPS under the tree for me, now I just need to figure out how to upload the Quebec trail maps to it. There is a topic pinned at the top of the general discussion page, however some of the links are expired. Would someone please point me in the direction of where I can find this years updated trail maps for Qc, the handheld device I am using is a Garmin 60csx, thanks for the help. Although signs like the one below are helpful. Sometimes you need a little more info than that...

Last year I ran a Map60CS with the GPSQC sentier package that I paid for while 2 others in my group ran Vista HCX receivers with RWS' free map download AND Garmin City Navigator NT. Our experience was that the FREE maps plus the City Nav NT info was superior in accuracy and offered TONS more service info. So thats what I recommend. I see RWS hasn't been on since Oct. I had PM'd him a while back with no response, hopefully he can offer some info on updates if he is still around.

Last year I ran a Map60CS with the GPSQC sentier package that I paid for while 2 others in my group ran Vista HCX receivers with RWS' free map download AND Garmin City Navigator NT. Our experience was that the FREE maps plus the City Nav NT info was superior in accuracy and offered TONS more service info. So thats what I recommend. I see RWS hasn't been on since Oct. I had PM'd him a while back with no response, hopefully he can offer some info on updates if he is still around.

Sounds good. Are the RWS maps also routable capable like the GPSQC maps are?

Sounds good. Are the RWS maps also routable capable like the GPSQC maps are?

They are not routeable however you can get a decent idea of distances in Mapsource by multiclicking routes, it is a little tedious but workable. The routeable feature of the GPSQC package is nice for pre-planning but I didn't find it useful while on the sled.

They are not routeable however you can get a decent idea of distances in Mapsource by multiclicking routes, it is a little tedious but workable. The routeable feature of the GPSQC package is nice for pre-planning but I didn't find it useful while on the sled.

I have a garmin 276c with the GPSQC and city navigator. While on the sled, I can pick a preloaded waypoint, city, or any other item that is in the city navigator database and my gps will route to it with turn by turn directions and distances using the snowmobile trails in the GPSQC. It works the same as using City Navigator on the GPS in your vehicle to route a trip.

Very useful for me, as I always do saddlebag trips and I do not pre-plan my trips other than the general area I will be riding. I usually reserve lodging on a daily basis in the afternoon.

I have a garmin 276c with the GPSQC and city navigator. While on the sled, I can pick a preloaded waypoint, city, or any other item that is in the city navigator database and my gps will route to it with turn by turn directions and distances using the snowmobile trails in the GPSQC. It works the same as using City Navigator on the GPS in your vehicle to route a trip.

Very useful for me, as I always do saddlebag trips and I do not pre-plan my trips other than the general area I will be riding. I usually reserve lodging on a daily basis in the afternoon.

Admittedly, I may have only tried once, but for my GPS Map60CS, I found routing on the fly while on the sled was too taxing on its processor. Maybe I needed to adjust some a settings.

Also got my first gps from santa , I need help. Could someone walk me thru the downloading of the the qc map that is listed on there site. I imported it to mapsource but it only show waypoints no trails. Going to Quebec in Feb. I have Garmin zumo 550

Thanks

Bruno

Also got my first gps from santa , I need help. Could someone walk me thru the downloading of the the qc map that is listed on there site. I imported it to mapsource but it only show waypoints no trails. Going to Quebec in Feb. I have Garmin zumo 550

Thanks

Bruno

Just finished setting one up for a guy, read the directions that are emailed to the T, make sure you have the latest version of mapsource.

Bobler could i have that email sent to me as well. I also would like to download the maps. Thanks

Add me in to that e-mail.

oh yeah email address might help...

gpbirkett@gmail.com

or just send a link via the pm on this site

I am on my way to quebec right now, will do next seek but the email is directions only, the maps must be purchased from gpsquebec

Have a great trip and let us know how it was.

Thanks

Bob