Trail # 13/83 up to Parent/Clova to Senneterre

Kaz

I was in a series of BIG bumps in, I am embarrassed to say, New York, hit one wrong and got spit off. 52 acting like I'm 18... :nea: Sled continued on track & skis, no damage to sled. I got shot up in the air and landed 200 lbs on left leg...Clean break of Fibula, cracked tibia in rear and opposite side of fibula. They plated & screwed fibula this AM. All went well. Staples out in 2 weeks then 6 - 8 weeks in hard cast.

I wear sno cross boots, both doctors said they kept damage to a minimum.

Could have been worse...I live to ride again next season.

I will be spending the rest of the winter :drinks: ...

I was in a series of BIG bumps in, I am embarrassed to say, New York, hit one wrong and got spit off. 52 acting like I'm 18... :nea: Sled continued on track & skis, no damage to sled. I got shot up in the air and landed 200 lbs on left leg...Clean break of Fibula, cracked tibia in rear and opposite side of fibula. They plated & screwed fibula this AM. All went well. Staples out in 2 weeks then 6 - 8 weeks in hard cast.

I wear sno cross boots, both doctors said they kept damage to a minimum.

Could have been worse...I live to ride again next season.

I will be spending the rest of the winter :drinks: ...

Let me guess...Tug Hill?

I was up there once and i'll never go back.

Good luck with the recovery. How'd the sled make out?

Had to be Tug Hill. I can't for the life of me understand why people ride there. The place is never groomed. Sorry to here about the crash.

Same thing happened to me on Stillwater Lake once. Hit a seam in the ice at 90 mph. Flew and slid almost 300 feet. Broke my foot. The rest of the gang never saw it and followed my sled for about 150 feet before it stopped and they realized I wasn't on it! Funny how one can break bones and the sled looks like it did 10 minutes before.

Yea Tug Hill...Funny part is we were done riding for the day and back at the hotel. Did 150 miles OFF the Hill all flat as a board. I have a buddy that loves the bumps so off we went.

The sled just threw me off and drove away by itself not a scratch on the sled.

The Hill has been quite nice this year. Prior to this warm up and there being snow everywhere people were riding close to home they were grooming flat trails, now this is quite unusual. The trail I was on was a corridor trail and heavily used. I don't like to go there but is is close to home and not all my riding buddies can afford Quebec.

I will rethink this in the future.

Yea Tug Hill...Funny part is we were done riding for the day and back at the hotel. Did 150 miles OFF the Hill all flat as a board. I have a buddy that loves the bumps so off we went.

The sled just threw me off and drove away by itself not a scratch on the sled.

The Hill has been quite nice this year. Prior to this warm up and there being snow everywhere people were riding close to home they were grooming flat trails, now this is quite unusual. The trail I was on was a corridor trail and heavily used. I don't like to go there but is is close to home and not all my riding buddies can afford Quebec.

I will rethink this in the future.

I have friends in NY and rode many years in Tug Hill,since their first trip to Quebec they've never been back,they say it's worth the extra 2hrs (for them,they come to my house 1hr from the border) trailering. The cost to ride is quite similar,over a trip of 600 miles(100 miles/tank @ 25$ in Que 35$ - exchange) we're looking at 60$ dif in fuel and from what i hear(from the NY boys) the rooms are even cheaper up here(around 85$ supper,bed & breakfast on the average). So really the extra cost is the initial transport,perhaps an extra tank of gas in the truck(75$) for paridise. :yahoo: Just my 2 cents. JG

Trailblazer I could not agree more. Last 4 years I have been doing 3 trips to Quebec a year. Filled in with NY...

I bought an 09 on 12/22 and on 2/7 I had 1920 miles on it. Sometimes unfortunate things happen. I have had friends hurt in Quebec also.

I live an hour from Tug Hill and ride there frequently. Yes it can be bumpy but its the only place in the state that almost always has snow!! If you go during the week the trails can be tabletop smooth!!! This year has been great up there. That being said I still love going to Quebec! Already went once and leaving again this Sunday for a week!!!!!

I live an hour from Tug Hill and ride there frequently. Yes it can be bumpy but its the only place in the state that almost always has snow!! If you go during the week the trails can be tabletop smooth!!! This year has been great up there. That being said I still love going to Quebec! Already went once and leaving again this Sunday for a week!!!!!

Where are you riding Sled Dog,are you saddle bagging it or hang out in an Inn?

We will be saddlebagging. Leaving from Maniwaki if conditions allow us. That's a 5 hour hour drive. Maniwaki, Val'dor, Clova Parent and south...or something along those lines.....Or..........Gaspe..leaving from Riviere du loup. 11-12 hour drive. Both areas are great so it really doesn't matter as long as we go!!!

Post up any conditions in the Maniwaki area if you got em!!