Mont Laurier conditions

ssr

3 hours ago, ssr said:

Heading up there next week,lots of yellow going east saying icy conditions,has anybody ridden here recently and should I avoid the yellow or is it still safe to ride,thanks

We will be arriving there tomorrow mid afternoon so can report tomorrow night. 
From Mekoos north they say it was all snow so surprised the 53 is showing yellow all the way to the north.

I'd rely more on the app's grooming information rather than the reported trail conditions.  In our case (the Outaouais area), the tourism employee charged with relaying the clubs' information to the FCMQ interactive map and iMotoneige app is on holidays this week.  She actually remained on duty the first morning hours of her vacation as conditions were evolving rapidly due to last week's ice storm, but our club conservatively reported the conditions as "acceptable" (yellow) that day as we were still clearing trails of ice-covered branches.  I'd say two thirds of our network are now "green", but as our gal is away until next Monday, "yellow" is how they will remain online until then.

At least the reporting of hours since last groomed is uploaded automatically, and not reliant upon club volunteers (who may be enjoying a little R&R themselves!) and a sole employee of the tourism authority.  It's not a bad system, but it relies on club volunteers consistently uploading data (which doesn't always happen) and usually a sole tourism employee processing that data for the app.