Lanaudiere, St-Zenon update 27-1-10

towing

I write this post to try to give a general idea of the situation for Lanaudiere. I did not had the chance to see by myself but here a summary of what I know:

Near all areas of Lanaudiere are actually closed including St-Donat and Mt-Tremblant park. The only place that is still open is Saint-Michel, Saint-Zénon, Manawan area with restrictions. A guy on the french forum had went to pourvoirie Kanawata yesterday by truck and confirm that they received small amount of snow/ice at the end of the rain storm, between 1"-3" between St-Zenon and Lac Manouane near Kanawata, some pics of his trip:

Here near the repos on forest road:

S6302474.jpg

And near Kanawata

S6302471.jpg

The Cabanon state that they will begin to groom/repair propably this night is it is enought frozen. As expected, the more north you go the better it hold. The exception is the#360 trail that I did last weed-end along Mattawin river that is to avoid actually because of the water.

Here the link of Lanaudiere trail conditions that give some more details: http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/index.jsp?numPage=235

here their notice to user for St-Zenon:

Trails open.

Trails will be groom on Wednesday january 27.

Thin layer of snow.

The trail # 360 to River Matawin, to avoid.

The trails # 318 to Cabanon, # 345 to Koubec and # 350 to Pourvoirie Réal Massé, are in worse conditions.

Manwan sector : trails open but the lakes and rivers are not safe.

The weather since the storm was still pretty warm. It freeze for the first time last night with around -5C here in the south and the preview for St-Zenon area state -9C for tonight, 1" snow on thursday and -21C for Thursday/Friday night.

That's the picture now... :pardon: I keep you inform when i have more details....

Bye

Alain

Edited by towing

I write this post to try to give a general idea of the situation for Lanaudiere. I did not had the chance to see by myself but here a summary of what I know:

Near all areas of Lanaudiere are actually closed including St-Donat and Mt-Tremblant park. The only place that is still open is Saint-Michel, Saint-Zénon, Manawan area with restrictions. A guy on the french forum had went to pourvoirie Kanawata yesterday by truck and confirm that they received small amount of snow/ice at the end of the rain storm, between 1"-3" between St-Zenon and Lac Manouane near Kanawata, some pics of his trip:

Here near the repos on forest road:

S6302474.jpg

And near Kanawata

S6302471.jpg

The Cabanon state that they will begin to groom/repair propably this night is it is enought frozen. As expected, the more north you go the better it hold. The exception is the#360 trail that I did last weed-end along Mattawin river that is to avoid actually because of the water.

Here the link of Lanaudiere trail conditions that give some more details: http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/index.jsp?numPage=235

here their notice to user for St-Zenon:

Trails open.

Trails will be groom on Wednesday january 27.

Thin layer of snow.

The trail # 360 to River Matawin, to avoid.

The trails # 318 to Cabanon, # 345 to Koubec and # 350 to Pourvoirie Réal Massé, are in worse conditions.

Manwan sector : trails open but the lakes and rivers are not safe.

The weather since the storm was still pretty warm. It freeze for the first time last night with around -5C here in the south and the preview for St-Zenon area state -9C for tonight, 1" snow on thursday and -21C for Thursday/Friday night.

That's the picture now... :pardon: I keep you inform when i have more details....

Bye

Alain

Thanks again Alain for your detailed reports, this weeks weather has obviously been devastating. I have personally never seen weather this like in the area since I have been coming to the area which is now 13 years. At least not in January or February. please keep us updated my next trip will be to the Zenon area. Thanks again!

Thanks 600IQHO :good:

You know guys, trail conditions change fast, on either side... sometimes , we have to pass throught the worst to get the better !!!

When the snow base it left, because it is not all melted, will hard froze, it will give a base hard as concrete and if we get a couple drop of 4" or 6" snow to put some cream on the cake... It will give beautiful highway trails that hold to the traffic better than anything else we had since the beginning of the season ...

Keep positive, season is not ended for sure...

:drinks:

Alain

Thanks 600IQHO :good:

You know guys, trail conditions change fast, on either side... sometimes , we have to pass throught the worst to get the better !!!

When the snow base it left, because it is not all melted, will hard froze, it will give a base hard as concrete and if we get a couple drop of 4" or 6" snow to put some cream on the cake... It will give beautiful highway trails that hold to the traffic better than anything else we had since the beginning of the season ...

Keep positive, season is not ended for sure...

:drinks:

Alain

All so true. Best thing that could happen is that there will be no riders right now and they can groom it smooth and then the upcoming cold will freeze it in a smooth solid state. Then any snow will be like white paint on a tabletop.

All so true. Best thing that could happen is that there will be no riders right now and they can groom it smooth and then the upcoming cold will freeze it in a smooth solid state. Then any snow will be like white paint on a tabletop.

x2 x2

exactly need to stay off the trails until they re freeze groomers now would destroy it for the season it needs to freeze again

Hi guys :D

Last news from the Cabanon at St-Zenon today 28, they post on Passion yamaha this evening. Here a traduction of their message:

Hi everybody

Here in St-Zenon, we received 6" of new snow since yesterday and they preview some more this night. The trails are frozen back, have been regroomed and are in many places better than before the rain of Monday

It's very good news :clapping: As a write before, conditions change fast in either side and it seems that it goes on our side now. Wheater preview deep cold for the next and with new snow, it is very promising !!!

I will be out for few days and come back propably at the beginning of the next week...

Take care guys :drinks:

Alain

Hi guys :D

Last news from the Cabanon at St-Zenon today 28, they post on Passion yamaha this evening. Here a traduction of their message:

Hi everybody

Here in St-Zenon, we received 6" of new snow since yesterday and they preview some more this night. The trails are frozen back, have been regroomed and are in many places better than before the rain of Monday

It's very good news :clapping: As a write before, conditions change fast in either side and it seems that it goes on our side now. Wheater preview deep cold for the next and with new snow, it is very promising !!!

I will be out for few days and come back propably at the beginning of the next week...

Take care guys :drinks:

Alain

Thanks for the report Alain. :good: Sounds like the trails may recover faster than expected and we both know the excellent work the groomers do up there. Hopefully it will be good for anyone coming upthis week. I am planning on coming up near the end of feb. keep the reports coming. :drinks: