Passport renewal

EastMark

I'm a little late to this post.  A couple of years ago I couldn't find my passport.  I must have put it in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it. 😁

CT has had the Enhanced License for quite some time.  Sometimes called a Real ID.  I crossed into Quebec and then back into the States on Rt 91.  The only question I couldn't answer was from the USA side when the agent asked me what was I wearing in my passport photo?  I don't know.

I'm guessing he was looking at my photo or he could have been pulling my leg.  Bottom line is the Enhanced License allowed me to cross both ways.

Sandi did find my passport while I was gone.

Jack & Sandi

Crossing into Canada was always 2 forms of ID BEFORE COVID and the ARRIVECAN APP.  Then you had to have a passport, passport card or a Enhanced ID to upload to the APP.

Coming back you need a passport, passport card or an Enhanced ID.

Have we all crossed with less, sure, depends on the border guard and the circumstances.

REAL ID and Enhanced licenses are completely different.

image.png

image.png

The best solution for me was the passport card with the passport renewal.  Maybe an extra $40 and it lasts 10 years.  The drivers licence options were $40 good for only 2-4 years.  Its an extra card I know, but it fits in your wallet. 😏

Edited by markusvt