Lake-Saint-Jean ????

zrtkat

I have a question not familiar with the area we are doing a loop around Lake-Saint-Jean from Roberval. I am seeing post about a permit needed for Zec Martin-Valin will We be close to that area that a permit is required?????

Thanks 

Zrtkat 

7 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

I have a question not familiar with the area we are doing a loop around Lake-Saint-Jean from Roberval. I am seeing post about a permit needed for Zec Martin-Valin will We be close to that area that a permit is required?????

Thanks 

Zrtkat 

No you will not. 
if you plan on going up onto Mont Valin to KM31 or La Chapelle then yes.

Approximate area is in circled in red on map where you need register fir Zec Valin

97084210-B306-46B2-AAA7-AB0D1D73B860.jpeg

Thanks for the reply just wanted to be sure 👍yes we are returning back to Roberval for our second night . trying to figure out our fuel stops for our trip around the lake ??? not seeing any gas stations showing on the map is there plenty of places to fuel ????

Thanks Again 

Zrtkat

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks for the reply just wanted to be sure 👍yes we are returning back to Roberval for our second night . trying to figure out our fuel stops for our trip around the lake ??? not seeing any gas stations showing on the map is there plenty of places to fuel ????

Thanks Again 

Zrtkat

Which way around lac from Roberval? Tell me your route and I can tell you the gas stops. But you will see many. Each way. 

We will be going the southern route 83 to 93 ??? and around lake and back to Roberval not too sure of all the routes would like to know best route to take around the lake.

Iceman thanks for all your knowledge of the area you really helped us out to plan our trip and it is appreciated

Thanks

Zrtkat

Lots of options mainly up top to make it as long or short a day as your group wants. 

i like the 93 through Lac A Jim at the very top of Lac if not this time then  maybe on your next trip through this area you can be able to spend more time on the trails above the lake, including the 373 which is just incredile from Girardville or from the other end near Onitchaway.

03D9B741-470E-4488-A14F-5AEF8CCC3E18.jpeg

9D03DAEB-27EB-45A0-95FF-CE086BE83246.jpeg

AC42FF46-8645-4CAC-BD33-ED00C932C575.jpeg

65D004B4-4B57-4754-99EE-0BCF321D017C.jpeg

Was last year and sure still is the center trail on map A, the orange trail,  Is just amazing. Also a great club house on 373 to stop at. The whole area is great. 

48 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Was last year and sure still is the center trail on map A, the orange trail,  Is just amazing. Also a great club house on 373 to stop at. The whole area is great. 

We were there last week great area up by lac-a Jim , sweet trails just don't go directly through Alma!!! Go around as ice shows.

Thanks Iceman for all the maps will print these out and have them with me .

Now if we can change the weather for next week in Temiscaming that would be great calling for a couple days of warmer weather and some rain hopefully not enough to change our starting point . 

Zrtkat

1 hour ago, poltodoo said:

We were there last week great area up by lac-a Jim , sweet trails just don't go directly through Alma!!! Go around as ice shows.

Back in the late 80’s many locals would tell us there was 10 women to every man in Alma. A useless fact now I guess

16 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Back in the late 80’s many locals would tell us there was 10 women to every man in Alma. A useless fact now I guess

Ha ! I was told the same thing about Chicoutimi years ago by the owner of La Unison in Laterriere. I do not believe that place even exists anymore.  Gui was his name and he had some really weird paintings in the place…

Edited by Pipeman