to ride gaspe' or 83 to senetirer??

MFARJM

HI, THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME. WE HAVE A 4 DAY WINDOW, THIS SUN AM TO WED PM. WE LIVE NEAR LAKE CHAMPLAIN AND USUALLY TRILER TO ST MICHELE DE SAINTS NAD RIDE NORTH -NE FROM ST MICHELE. ASUALLY WE LIKE TO RIDE 200 MILES/DAY.WE CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO LEAVE ST MICH GOING TO CACEY THEN WEST TO PARENT, 1ST NIGHT, SENETIERE, 2ND AND BACK AGAIN OR FROM CASEY GO EAST TO RELAIS 22, 1ST NIGHT, CHABOUGAMU 2ND NIGHT AND BACK (WE'RE WORRIED ABOUGHT BARE ROAD 15 KM LONG NEAR WAMATASSI!!!) OR TRALERING TO RIVER DE LOUP AND RIDING ON 5 ON GASPE'. WE HAVEN'T RIDEN THERE BUT HEARD ITS WORTH A 5 HOUR TRAILERING TO RIVER DE LOUPE. WHERE CAN WE PARK? WHERE STAY AFTER 150 MILES RIDE 1ST DAY? ST ANN? LIKE TO GO DOWN MIDDLE INTO MOUNTAINS

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS WOULD BE WELCOM

JEFF

HI MFARJM

I can give you an update on bas St-Laurent/ Gaspesie area because I just came back (yesterday) from a 5 day ride in this area. We dropped in Riviere du Loup at Hotel Universel ($25 for enclosed parking) get on the trail at 13:00 and head-up to Rimouski on day#1 (98 miles). Trails conditions are pretty good on the #5 trail but when you try to go in villages to get food, gaz or hotel it's pretty bare on snow and rought especially in Rimouski. We slept in St-Anne des Monts the 2nd day (170 miles)good trail condition only rought to get to the motel.

On day #3 we got to Mont St-Pierre on #5 trail, Murdochville on 597 trail and slept to relai LaCache on #595 trail via chambre de commerce trail (162 miles). Trail condition was good on #5 trail, outstanding in Murdochville area and really really bare near La Cache, the worse was last 2 miles before La Cache that were on mud.

We came back to the #5 trail on day #4 with #595 trail. The first 15 miles north from La Cache that were on ice. I was ok with my scratchers at low speed but my partner had very very hardtime without, overheating and sticking hifax, no snow there. Took the #5 trail west and made a detour on #591/587 trails to pass at La Redemtion seing an other Mont St-Pierre (outstanding view) and slept to Mont-Joli (208miles).

We finished the ride on day#5 from Mont-joly to Riviere du Loup (164miles).

Trails will propably survive for few other days of warn temp on #5 trail, Rimouski is the most thin area. Expect rought conditions when you leave the #5 and take local trails to get to the villages. Don't go to La Cache on #595 or try to pass there, the trail is propably already shot now. The most scenery trails were between St-Anne des Monts and Mont St-Pierre on #5 trail. We unfortunaletely pass there under cloudy/rainy sky for the views but the elevation changes on short distance are amazing there.

It was my first experience in this area and I will come back for sure..

Hope this help...

:drinks: Alain

Thanks for the info Towing! Any more? We are leaving from RDL on Monday, 3/8. Want to do 200+ miles a day. Any suggestions where to stay? Thinking Matane for the first night. I'm already thinking we'll take 5 to Gaspe, take the trail that cuts between 5 and 597 and head back. Maybe do a loop south of Matane....587...stop in to see Groomer if possible. What do you guys think?

From what your saying it sounds like 595 may be out?

What you need to do is leave from slightly west of Mont Laurier. ie; Le Domaine about 45 west of Mt. laurier, then head north west to end in Val D'or @ the Alpin hotel. Then head north east to Senneteterre Amos, staying @ Le Balbuzzard, then head south West to Clova. Find an extra day where conditions are the nicest and call it a season.

http://www.balbuzard.com :good:

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Quebec/Rouyn...p;le=54a8412942 Phone # 819 762 0991

http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/Default.aspx?TabId=6...;language=en-CA =@

THANKS EVERYONE. IF WE WERE TO LEAVE FROM ST MICHELE TOMORROW HEADING NORTH TO 83, WOULD WE FIND BETTER TRAIL CONDITIONS GOING WEST TO PARENT AND SENETERE OR EAST TO RELAIS 22 AND UP TO CHIBOUGAMAY?